• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Under 19 World Cup Thread***

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is it only Rahim from Bangladesh, and Cremer from Zimbabwe, who have played international cricket to this point who'll be playing in the tournament?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
If you don't include Eoin Morgan at Ireland who AFAIK played in the Intercontinental Cup in 2005, and possibly a couple of the Nepalis/Namibians, then yes.

Edit: plus Williams and Chibabha at Zimbabwe

For the Bangladeshis, Saqibul Hasan and Mehrab Hossain jnr have also played A-level cricket

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
Sean Williams, Zimbabwe's captain, has played ODIs, and Justice Chibhabha played one, got a duck, but is supposed to be a very exciting prospect. Kudakwashe Samunderu played for the A side. Apparently Sean is very troubled about whether he should play or not. His father, who is quite a forceful man by all accounts (Zimbabwe's hockey coach), doesn't want him to go. Other Zimbabweans to look out for are Nicolson and Kasteni.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
vic_orthdox said:
Is it only Rahim from Bangladesh, and Cremer from Zimbabwe, who have played international cricket to this point who'll be playing in the tournament?
Sean Williams and Justice Chibhabha of Zimbabwe have played international cricket as well, while Donald Samunderu (again Zimbabwe) has been in the ODI squad a few times, albeit not actually playing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chubb said:
Sean Williams, Zimbabwe's captain, has played ODIs, and Justice Chibhabha played one, got a duck, but is supposed to be a very exciting prospect. Kudakwashe Samunderu played for the A side. Apparently Sean is very troubled about whether he should play or not. His father, who is quite a forceful man by all accounts (Zimbabwe's hockey coach), doesn't want him to go. Other Zimbabweans to look out for are Nicolson and Kasteni.
You only just beat me to it, and it was due to JP messaging me on MSN.... stupid JP.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Prince EWS said:
Including a rogue apostrophe, if the past tense of the word isnt really "Panyangaraed."
I invented the verb, hence I get to choose how I tensify it. And it has an apostrophe.

I agonised long and hard over whether Panyangarad or Panyangara'd was the correct form to take, and decided that the latter was more appropriate that the first one sounds like somewhere in Russia.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I invented the verb, hence I get to choose how I tensify it. And it has an apostrophe.

I agonised long and hard over whether Panyangarad or Panyangara'd was the correct form to take, and decided that the latter was more appropriate that the first one sounds like somewhere in Russia.
You're not preaching to ignoramuses, Neil. People on Cricket Web recognise just how dedicated you are to the preservation of English as we know it, and the sacrifices you make.

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:
Did Zimbabwe get seeded infront of Australia and Bangladesh or something. Don't tell me Australian are that crap. Should be interesting to see how Jackson Bird from Manly goes, i doubt he will make the Australian 1st XI as he is just a 2nd Grade cricketer here.
How long before those in the Zimbabwe u-19's get their first Test cap?

Not long soon since the ICC won't to squat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But why though? I don't think there are many words that grow an apostrophe when tensified, if any...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Prince EWS said:
But why though? I don't think there are many words that grow an apostrophe when tensified, if any...
Two reasons, like I said... a) it's my verb, and b) otherwise it sounds Russian

ir0n desi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I was invited to the U 19 try outs for the USA team way back in November in Los Ang..sadly I didn't go any further than top 30 :(...dream didn't come true

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
ir0n desi said:
I was invited to the U 19 try outs for the USA team way back in November in Los Ang..sadly I didn't go any further than top 30 :(...dream didn't come true
Did you meet Fardin there? Was he bowling Vettori-like offspin?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Jungle Jumbo said:
If you don't include Eoin Morgan at Ireland who AFAIK played in the Intercontinental Cup in 2005, and possibly a couple of the Nepalis/Namibians, then yes.

Edit: plus Williams and Chibabha at Zimbabwe

For the Bangladeshis, Saqibul Hasan and Mehrab Hossain jnr have also played A-level cricket
As has Shamsur Rahman.