• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Under 19 World Cup Thread***

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Hmmm...

Says one member in reply to Bob:
'Whats your name? i would like to look up your profile'
Response from one of the mods
'He's talking crap, as usual.'
Haha, that's Bob we've come to know and love.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Meh, I won't be able to resist posting in here anyways :p

Just thought I'd do a bit of research on how Bob coped with not making the American side (I'm pretty sure he didn't - there's no Fardin there!).

Obviously not all that well...
:laugh:

What a horrible thread that is. Check some of these out:

I was at the brink of gaining captaincy of my school team as well. Gosh I miss those days.
Almost gaining captaincy of your school team is what? Only one step away from international cricket?

i am planning to be a batsmen all-rounder that can bowl fast,off spin and leg spin
Overrating your ability to bowl three different styles on the international stage, aren't you? I'm surprised you're not going to give your left arm a go as well.

I know one of my firends in Holland,who isn't that flash at cricket, I'm better than him He actually made the Holland Under 17 team, If I was still there I bet I could make it too, but who wants too play for the Netherlands, when you can play for Australia
It sounds like Merv Hughes is just waiting to call...

I also wanted to be a cricketer, but my parents broke my dream at the age of 8 I moved to the uk
At 8, you have very little idea how good you are.

I want to play for India. I'm a right handed medium bowler and my batting skills are just like my boy DHONI
So why aren't you in the team then? Politics, I suppose?

Currently i am practicing and studying and hopefully in a few yrs i mite be playing for Canada u-19 cause my coach knows a few people there
Good ol' nepotism.

Me too. I want to be a cricketer but I dont think I have the right calibre to do it, I am 17 years old, I left cricket becuase I thought I was really crap, I am a good bastmen and a good bowler, but I am very, I am planning to play for England, I have quit my eduction, I do not play for any clubs. I am very crap, I also quit cricket becuase I got hit on the tighs and it hurt me a lot.

I am going to be the next cricket legend.
He quit because he got hit on the 'tighs'? Has he not heard of a thigh guard?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Did Zimbabwe get seeded infront of Australia and Bangladesh or something. Don't tell me Australian are that crap. Should be interesting to see how Jackson Bird from Manly goes, i doubt he will make the Australian 1st XI as he is just a 2nd Grade cricketer here.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Did Zimbabwe get seeded infront of Australia and Bangladesh or something. Don't tell me Australian are that crap. Should be interesting to see how Jackson Bird from Manly goes, i doubt he will make the Australian 1st XI as he is just a 2nd Grade cricketer here.
Wooo Manly! Can't say I have any idea who Jackson Bird is though..

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
I'm pretty sure that Zimbabwe finished in the top half of the tournament last time, while Bangladesh and Australia finished in the bottom half. It's the last tournament's placings that the seedings, and therefore how the pools are distributed, are based on.

Bird's better than a 2nd grade bowler. Manly has a pretty strong bowling attack - and would be able to get a game in the 1sts at other clubs, from what other people say. He'd certainly play 1sts at most Melbourne sides.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:

What a horrible thread that is. Check some of these out:

Almost gaining captaincy of your school team is what? Only one step away from international cricket?

Overrating your ability to bowl three different styles on the international stage, aren't you? I'm surprised you're not going to give your left arm a go as well.

It sounds like Merv Hughes is just waiting to call...

At 8, you have very little idea how good you are.

So why aren't you in the team then? Politics, I suppose?

Good ol' nepotism.

He quit because he got hit on the 'tighs'? Has he not heard of a thigh guard?

Makes me glad to be a member of CW, not Planet Cricket :@

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
I'm pretty sure that Zimbabwe finished in the top half of the tournament last time, while Bangladesh and Australia finished in the bottom half. It's the last tournament's placings that the seedings, and therefore how the pools are distributed, are based on.

Bird's better than a 2nd grade bowler. Manly has a pretty strong bowling attack - and would be able to get a game in the 1sts at other clubs, from what other people say. He'd certainly play 1sts at most Melbourne sides.
I guess that makes sence, but it makes Group A and B very hard.

Bird likely to play 1sts this week after Shaun Bradstreet (former NSW all rounder) got injuried, so i guess we will see. Also he does have a couple guys who also played for NSW at different levels infront of him, so your probably right.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Just thought I'd do a bit of research on how Bob coped with not making the American side (I'm pretty sure he didn't - there's no Fardin there!).

try Vettori or Dravid ;)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha good ol' fardin!
that guy about that Holland bit :laugh: that could well be me..although he's sri lankan that guy and the cricplanet guy is aussie and i play U17 dev team :p . so probably not, some people are just really jealous :laugh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Australia got Panyangara'd last time around, which meant they missed out on the last eight of the tournament at Zimbabwe's expense.

I'm loving England's draw, unfortunately our team is crap. So whoever gets us in the QF/whatever round comes next will in all likelihood muller us.

The UK is getting the semi-finals and onwards live on Sky Sports - Jack, if that's not enough incentive for you to get there, I dunno what is...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
The UK is getting the semi-finals and onwards live on Sky Sports - Jack, if that's not enough incentive for you to get there, I dunno what is...
hell im giving the persons with sky a visit ! then

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Jon Holland's a great left arm orthodox bowler. He'll carry the spin department - probably single handedly...
yep he took 5/80 for the Victorian 2nd XI last week.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
BD Players to Keep an Eye on:

Saquibul Hasan (LHB, SLA, genuine all-rounder)
Mushfiqur Rahim (RHB, WK, wkt-batsman)
Tamim Iqbal (opening batsman)
Shamsur Rahman (batsman)