• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Under 19 World Cup Thread***

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
Or the fact that the batsman's name clearly begins with P......
I couldn't see that - then again, I need font size 12 or higher - even with glasses.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does anyone know what Donald Samunderu has been bowling? He was picked in the Zimbabwe national squad a while back (despite only playing a handful of first class matches with a very modest record), and it was said at the time that he was a top order batsman and part-time off spinner.... but he's been opening the bowling, and with good success! Has he been bowling his offies with the new ball or has he changed his bowling style?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Living in NZ I feel guilty about feeling good over Bangladesh's win over NZ. (But I would feel good even if they beat SL)

Come on Bangladesh !! Keep that winning form going . :)

TIF

U19 Debutant
Namibia, have made 170 against India, with wickets being shared by the Indian bowlers with Piyush Chawla, taking 3/38. Namibia, showed some resistance with DH Botha making 61 before a lower order collapse, had Nambia at 170 all out from 120/3.

And England, have scored 209/9 against Nepal. I do hope Nepal, pulls this one off as they are the team who should be topping that pool D. Nepal, have started off solidly in their reply and should pull it off as they are 15/0 after 3 overs.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lookin at that pic, it kinda looks like Jack has the whole tongue thing going on like Brad Hogg does.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
roseboy64 said:
You implying something?
Not at all. It was just a strange expression. Over here, if something's going apex over nether regions, it's described as 'going to pot'.

Why? What do you think I mea........

Oh dear. How embarrassing.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Tim said:
Neil posted www.tigercricket.com but it hasnt updated in about 20 mins.
Cricinfo have posted the NZ batting scorecard.

I recall Skysports showed the NZ matches against Bangladesh & India on tv a few weeks after the last tournament concluded...but as far as live matches go, I doubt we'll see anything live.
We get the Semi Finals and Final live on Sky Sport Tim :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
andyc said:
Lookin at that pic, it kinda looks like Jack has the whole tongue thing going on like Brad Hogg does.
It helps to keep the ball going in a straight line.

(especially after it's pitched)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
TIF said:
Namibia, have made 170 against India, with wickets being shared by the Indian bowlers with Piyush Chawla, taking 3/38. Namibia, showed some resistance with DH Botha making 61 before a lower order collapse, had Nambia at 170 all out from 120/3.

And England, have scored 209/9 against Nepal. I do hope Nepal, pulls this one off as they are the team who should be topping that pool D. Nepal, have started off solidly in their reply and should pull it off as they are 15/0 after 3 overs.
Load. Of. Rubbish.

Nepal 8/129 off 41 overs.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
From The BBC website
Captain Moeen Ali hit 54 as England made a winning start to the Under-19 World Cup with a 77-run win over Nepal.
Mark Nelson (40) and Varun Chopra (38) also made useful contributions to help England reach 209-9.

Nepal were dismissed for 132 in reply, with Nicholas James, Rory Hamilton-Brown and Steven Mullaney all claiming two wickets apiece.
Not bad. Was a bit surprised to see Woody as super-sub, 2-1-3-0 isn't too bad I spose.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
CW Report of Day Two

England U-19s opened up their World Cup campaign with a less than convincing victory over a multi-talented and much fancied Nepal side. Despite setting a target of 210, the England spinners exerted their greater experience on the Nepalese as the chasing side threw away a solid start to be dismissed for 132.

Captain Kanishka Chaugai generated much of the early pace and hit both England opening bowlers out of the attack, before being forced to retire hurt with a cramp problem that also dogged his preparation in the warm-up matches. His exit was almost immediately followed by the loss of fellow opener Mahesh Chhetri, who, frustrated by the dominance of Nicholas James and Graeme White, both left-arm spinners, was the first of three Nepalese batsmen to be run out. Soon Nepal had slid to 57 for three as the pair of slow-left-armers conceded just 17 runs between the overs of seven to 21.

While a slight revival brought Nepal to 95 without further loss, they never looked to have any real degree of control over the bowlers, and another collapse saw the last six wickets, three of which were taken by Surrey's Rory Hamilton-Brown, fall for just 37 runs. Prem Chaudhary was the sole batsman to offer further resistance, smiting two sixes in his 31.

Earlier, England had limped to a disappointing 209, with Varun Chopra making 38, Mark Nelson 40 and captain Moeen Ali 54. As in the Nepal innings, the slower bowlers once again proved effective in limiting the flow of runs, with Ratan Rauniyar and Sharad Vesawkar both claiming a brace of wickets.

Group D, Colombo (SSC)
England 209-9 (50) Ali 54
Nepal 132 all out (45.2) Hamilton-Brown 3-17
England won by 77 runs

Whilst Nepal put up spirited resistance against England, Uganda were easily rolled over by Pakistan and were soundly thrashed by eight wickets. Put in by Pakistan captain and wicket-keeper Sarfraz Ahmed, who pouched five catches, the East Africans were unable to cope with the Pakistan pace bowlers and were dismissed for a paltry 74 in 33.3 overs. Jamshed Ahmed and Akhtar Ayub both finished with three wickets, while Ali Khan took two, as just two Ugandan batsman made double figures and extras top-scored with 25, more than a third of the final total. Despite being reduced to two for two, Ali Khan and Nasir Jamshed saw Pakistan home in a flurry of runs.

Group A, Colombo (PSS)
Uganda 74 all out (33.3) Jamshed Ahmed 3-15, Ahktar Ayub 3-15
Pakistan 65-2 (12.5)
Pakistan won by 8 wickets

Despite amassing a huge 302 for seven, the West Indians were made to work hard for their eventual victory in their opening Group B tie against the USA. Opener William Perkins smashed a 150-ball 133 to provide the backbone for the mammoth West Indies total, sharing century stands with Jason Mohammed (45) and Gajanand Singh (65 off 52). Perkins' Man-of-the-Match knock firmly quashed any US victory hopes raised by Dominic Audain's two early wickets as the West Indies were reduced to eight for two. A cavalier half-century from captain Hemant Punoo, and from Akeem Dodson were the only real contributions to a modest USA score, but they were nonetheless giving substantial help by the West Indian bowlers, who gifted the Americans 39 runs in the form of wides - not an uncommon sight so far in the tournament. Kemar Roach conceded 24 runs in all - with just four coming off the bat - though finished with three wickets, as did Rishi Bachan.

Group B, Nondescripts CC
West Indies 302-7 (50) Perkins 133, Singh 65
USA 215 all out (45.4) Punoo 65; Roach 3-24, Bachan 3-42
West Indies won by 87 runs

Favourites India confirmed their World Cup potential with a nine-wicket rollicking of Namibia. Promising leg-spinner Piyush Chawla, fresh from Ranji success for Uttar Pradesh, was the chief destroyer with three wickets, while three other Indian bowlers bagged a couple as Namibia were flattened for 170 with seven balls remaining. Only Dawid Botha made more than 28, finishing with a resilient 61. Gaurav Dhiman, who also starred in the previous World Cup, then flogged the Namibian bowlers to all corners of the Premadasa Stadium in a 71-ball 90 that including twelve fours and three monstrous sixes. Cheteshwar Pujara, with an unbeaten 66, and Rohit Sharma, saw the Indians home with little over half of their overs gone and nine wickets still intact.

Group C, Colombo (RPS)
Namibia 170 all out (48.5) Botha 61; Piyush Chawla 3-38
India 173-1 (27.1) Dhiman 90, Pujara 66*
India won by 9 wickets

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
feb 9th...cmon USA....avenge the loss of your incompetent superiors....BEAT AUSTRALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. pleaaaaaaaaaase

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
jack_sparrow said:
feb 9th...cmon USA....avenge the loss of your incompetent superiors....BEAT AUSTRALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. pleaaaaaaaaaase
Can you imagine my situation ....:blink: :mellow:

My 4th favourite Team (WI ) beats my 3rd favourite Team USA :wacko: :dry:

Unsure whether to feel happy or sad !! :mellow: :mellow:

:laugh: :laugh: