• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
McLean Park is under water this morning. It's not raining right at the moment, and the covers have just come off, but there will be no play before lunch - umpires are coming out for another look at midday.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Retox said:
Playing cricket at this time in NZ is stupid when will they learn?
Just got excited because they managed to get those two icy tests in against SL last April.

Look fwd to the State Chapionship draw next week as well...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That 83 has to rank among the top 50s I have watched recently. I remember one particular stroke from Lara. Fleming had BOnd bowling with two gullys, a third man who was sorta square because of the two slips and a deep point who was sorta fine because of the length Bond was bowling. And yet Lara stroked the ball to the boundary. He was threading the finest of needles there. Damn Astle. He stole a Lara special away. It would have been a perfect Sunday treat. :(

Natman20

International Debutant
Astle has looked very good he has looked most likely to get a wicket. More so than Franklin or Martin and probably Vettori as well. I look forward to the announcement of the next squad to tour South Africa as there is talk about Papps and Vincent on the news.

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's raining here in Napier again, and today's play has been officially abandoned. Tomorrow will be much the same, probably. Strange way to end the tour, but there ya go.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
There was continuous rain in Napier and the outfield is completely wet. Umpires had an inspection and the play has been called off for the day.

Talk about the waste of time test.

2-0 it is then. Unless Cronje is in the NZ team and we don't know it.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
This has to be the dampest squib of all time.
There was one test we played in India where it rained on all 5 days. I think Roger Twose managed a 50 or something in the little time they managed to play.