• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Petition

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
This may be futile and a complete waste of time but I feel that the Zimbabwe situation has to come to a head sooner rather than later. I want to start an online petition to eventually send to the ICC calling for Zimbabwe to be banned and lose all ICC membership status. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this so any help or ideas would be apreciated, If you can help please add me on msn or email me. smeg_head94@hotmail.com

Langeveldt

Soutie
Its a nice gesture but you would be wasting your time I'm afraid..

1) Nobody cares about Zimbabwe's test status, not Ehsan Mani, not Robert Mugabe, probably not even Streak and Taibu by now..

2) There is no saving Zim cricket as it is already dead, look at how many responses this post got from a global cricketing audience!

3) I guarantee you Zimbabwe will field a test playing side to tour the West Indies.. Remember the ICC are apolitical, and don't get involved in things like this..

masterblaster

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Its a nice gesture but you would be wasting your time I'm afraid..

1) Nobody cares about Zimbabwe's test status, not Ehsan Mani, not Robert Mugabe, probably not even Streak and Taibu by now..

2) There is no saving Zim cricket as it is already dead, look at how many responses this post got from a global cricketing audience!

3) I guarantee you Zimbabwe will field a test playing side to tour the West Indies.. Remember the ICC are apolitical, and don't get involved in things like this..
Your probably right on all three counts there mate.

Wazim

School Boy/Girl Captain
I was against Zimbabwe losing test status, now I am all for it. Even if it we have to wait 20 or 30 years till the government clears up, then we must do so. We waited 20 years for the South Africa apartheid to end and in the end we have a good competitive team in South Africa. Yes, Zimbabwe may not have as much talent as SA, however tehy can atleast return back to the fold and hopefully reach their mid 90s form of a good competitive team like they had with Streak, Flowers, Goodwin, Murphys and what not.