• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Here Comes The Army

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
If they buy the tickets, they have every right to be there.

I think there will be at least 5,000 at each day of every Test.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Are they actually going to let enough convicts out to fill the grounds?

(Are they actually going to let enough convicts out to fill the team?)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Are they actually going to let enough convicts out to fill the grounds?

(Are they actually going to let enough convicts out to fill the team?)
Ba dum Tish!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Surely the ACB could charge hundreds (maybe thousands) of dollars per ticket and still make a killing?
In some stands tickets are already over $100. Of course if your like me and enjoy bogan stands its preety cheap

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The way I see it going is Oz punters buying the tickets & them flogging them on to desperate Poms at a pretty healthy mark-up.

I can see why the authorities would want to limit the number of tickets allocated to the English, but obviously if you've paid for a flight & accomodation from the UK you're going to be keener on procuring a ticket than if you've caught the downtown bus from the suburbs! If that means paying an extra $100 for a ticket then so be it.

archie mac

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
The way I see it going is Oz punters buying the tickets & them flogging them on to desperate Poms at a pretty healthy mark-up.

I can see why the authorities would want to limit the number of tickets allocated to the English, but obviously if you've paid for a flight & accomodation from the UK you're going to be keener on procuring a ticket than if you've caught the downtown bus from the suburbs! If that means paying an extra $100 for a ticket then so be it.
I remember on the last Ashes series with the MCG sold out, all of these Poms running around trying to buy a ticket. I almost felt sorry for them :D

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:

You would think that they would buy a ticket before coming over. And they had their chance in England, to bad if they miss out

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
I remember on the last Ashes series with the MCG sold out, all of these Poms running around trying to buy a ticket. I almost felt sorry for them :D
I would be tempted to buy a ticket. then eat it infront of them :D presuming i had a spare