• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs Pakistan memories

Jumno

U19 Captain
Some memories in no exact order. I saw India-Pakistan matches from 1996 World cup -

ODIs -
1. 1996 World cup quarter-final, Jadejas knock.
2. 1998 Independence cup final, that record chase of 314.
3. Tendulkars superb running catch at long-on in the 5th ODI in 2004
4. Kaifs superb catch in the 1st ODI in 2004 and Pakistans near-record chase, they fell short by only 5 runs.
5. Sahara Cups in Canada.
6. 2003 World cup match, 6s over point by Tendulkar off Shoaib Akhtar and later on by Sehwag.
7. Yousufs last ball 6 in the 2000 Asia cup match to get to his 100(This must be a good memory for some Pakistan fans).
8. Azharuddin taking 24 runs off last over in a ODI in Sharjah in 1996 to help India cross 300 for the 1st time in ODIs, 2 2s, 2 4s and 2 6s in that over which read - 422664. Tendulkar and Sidhu shared a record partnership in that match, it was the 1st Indian 200 partnership in ODIs.

and many more ...

Tests -
1. Anil Kumbles 10/74 in the Delhi test in 1998.
2. Sehwags 309 at Multan in 2004.
3. Chennai test match and Tendulkars 100. We lost that match and it still pains.

and many more ...
All this and the Afridi wicket of Tendulkar 2005

Tendulkar 2003 world cup knock

Silver Silva

International Debutant
This is unfair to us cricket lovers.
Definitely..

An India vs Pakistan 5 match Test Series, would literally bring the Whole World to a standstill , it would be on every news channel bulletin because of the rivalry on and off the pitch..
I honestly feel that is the key Series to revitalising Test Cricket interest in the subcontinent maybe even the world if it was staged in neutral venues .. Would definitely be a sell out blockbuster event.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
All this and the Afridi wicket of Tendulkar 2005

Tendulkar 2003 world cup knock
Brother don't you feel (Struggling to find the right English word) amazed that you're replying to a post that was made 17 years ago ..Who knows what that poster is up to these days ..A scary thought..

Jumno

U19 Captain
Brother don't you feel (Struggling to find the right English word) amazed that you're replying to a post that was made 17 years ago ..Who knows what that poster is up to these days ..A scary thought..
I originally thought this was a recent thread

I did then look back and noticed how long ago this thread was