• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs Pakistan memories

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pratyush said:
Even though I didnt witness it live - Javed Miandad smashing Chetan Sharma for a six off the last ball to win the match.

Chetan Sharma recently that people never let him forget it.I doubt if those are just polite reminders though. The guy did take a hattrick against Pakistan but no one cares. Many havent forgiven him even though years have past since that day. :D

And Miandad is of course a real hero - Indians of the past generation would be angry at the guy but couldnt stop admiring him. I am lucky to be living at a time when the relations between people of the two countries is better than ever before. A lot has to do with the 2003 tour which shattered myths among many and invisible walls fell as people met people.
I thought Chetan Sharma got his hattrick against New Zealand?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Xuhaib said:
Pathan cant be called a great yet
I think he has shown enough to be called a "Great talent". Whether he lives up to it or not will determine whether he goes on to become a "great" or not.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
I thought Chetan Sharma got his hattrick against New Zealand?
Yes, that was in WC 1987 against NS Ken Rutherford, Ian smith and Chatfield all bowled. Same matche where Gavaskar scored his only ODI century.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Only defininmg memory that stays in my mind is Inzy beating the cr@p out of the heckling Indian spectator in Toronto ;)

naa seriously:

1.That 6
2.Jadeja in Eden Gardens
3. Anwar's 194
4. Afridi's scud missiles in the 5th or 6th ODI last year in India
5. Saichin's 6 of Shoaib, looked like he top edged a six.
6. Expression on Ganguli's face when Afridi bowled him in the last test in India
7. Dravid's innings in Rawalpindi
8. Razzlar taking something like three years to score 70 odd runs in the drawn 2nd test in India
9. Inzy's knock in the last test in India
10. Pathan having MoYo totally befuddled last time India were in Pakistan

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Wickets like this is what really hurts Test cricket. Obviously you dont want a bowlers paradise, but a bore draw does nothing for the game.

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
So the wicket has nothing to do with it then?
Of course not Marc. Good bowling attacks always pick up 20 wickets to win a match.

*Remembers Sydney*

No, wait......

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Both teams' attacks are actually better (in terms of personnel and experience) then back during the 2004 series, and that series was most definitely memorable, so the bowling attacks aren't going to prevent a memorable series.

What-A-Player

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag's Love for Pak Bowling/Afrid's Love for Indian Bowling
Srinath 8 fer & Saeeds Carrying the Bat in Calcutta
Dunno if anyone remembers Amay Khurasia, (supposedly hard-hitter blah blah)-it was one of those Pepsi series and Shoiab Bowled him even before he lifted his bat to [try] a shot
Inzamams last ball shot of Sachin to win that 3rd ODI in 2005
Umar Gul's only match with a 5fer
Balaji's six of Aktar whislt breaking his bat
Ganguly's chase v/s Pak in Independence Cup '98
Dravids 1st Ball Run-Out
Paks dropped catches in Multan and India's slippery hands on the 5th day of the 3rd Test in Lahore ' 03
Sachins ball to Moin
Razzaq's Ball to Sachin in Carlton United

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Probably the six that Kohli hit against Rauf last year would count here. For my money, it was the best Ind Pak game ever. Also Kohli has had the most influence in Ind-Pak LO encounters than any other player perhaps, winning crucial matches in WC T20s single handled my(2012,16,22), Asia Cup 2012(the best innings in a chase ever), ICC WC 2015, crucial innings in ICC WC 2019 match.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Probably the six that Kohli hit against Rauf last year would count here. For my money, it was the best Ind Pak game ever. Also Kohli has had the most influence in Ind-Pak LO encounters than any other player perhaps, winning crucial matches in WC T20s single handled my(2012,16,22), Asia Cup 2012(the best innings in a chase ever), ICC WC 2015, crucial innings in ICC WC 2019 match.
Also 2016 Asia Cup, and a crucial performance in Champions Trophy 2017 group match.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
How about a combined Indo-Pak XI whom have never played in Pakistan v India Test Series ?

1.Azhar Ali
2.Rohit Sharma
3.Cheteshwar Pujara
4.Virat Kohli
5.Babar Azam
6.Risabh Pant (WK)
7.Ravindra Jadeja
8.Ravichandran Ashwin
9.Mohammad Shami
10.Shaheen Shah Afridi
11.Jasprit Bumrah

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How about a combined Indo-Pak XI whom have never played in Pakistan v India Test Series ?

1.Azhar Ali
2.Rohit Sharma
3.Cheteshwar Pujara
4.Virat Kohli
5.Babar Azam
6.Risabh Pant (WK)
7.Ravindra Jadeja
8.Ravichandran Ashwin
9.Mohammad Shami
10.Shaheen Shah Afridi
11.Jasprit Bumrah
This is unfair to us cricket lovers.