• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andrew Symonds

princess

Cricket Spectator
Hi there

I was wondering... does anyone know what nationality Andrew Symon is?
he has quite unique features and I can't quite place them.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Uhh... do you mean Andrew Symonds?

If you do, he was born in England but is an Australian citizen and plays for Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andrew Symonds was adopted. He doesn't know. People are just making guesses about him being from a Carribean country, including him. He's said publically that he has no idea who his biological parents are nor does he have a desire to find out.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Pratyush said:
The forum has a thread on Symonds every week.

What the ****.
Thats because Symonds rules; he bats,he bowls spin,he bowls pace,he fields,he has unknown origins,his nickname is roy.

What more do you want>?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
open365 said:
Thats because Symonds rules; he bats,he bowls spin,he bowls pace,he fields,he has unknown origins,his nickname is roy.

What more do you want>?
That's a bloody good point mate. The International Man of Mystery (and Carnage) :p

Top_Cat

hats because Symonds rules; he bats,he bowls spin,he bowls pace,he fields,he has unknown origins,his nickname is roy.

What more do you want>?
"Who was that zinc-lipped man???"

(from Futurama) "From and made of 'parts unknown'......"

Apparently, it's so that if he yells at anyone, they are immediately galvanised into action
Didn't get it. Explanation?

Initially thought it was a Chuck Norris-type joke;

"Andrew Symonds only has two batting speeds; block and 'out of the ground'."

Top_Cat

Isn't zinc used to galvanise things like nails? I hope I got it...
That sounds about right. I just looked up the word because I didn't know what it mean in that context. In science classes I've been in, I've always heard the use of the term 'electroplating' instead of 'galvanise'. Well, learn something new every day, eh?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
That sounds about right. I just looked up the word because I didn't know what it mean in that context. In science classes I've been in, I've always heard the use of the term 'electroplating' instead of 'galvanise'. Well, learn something new every day, eh?
Indeed. I learned that Munchos has a new "Ham and Cheese Toastie" flavour.