• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India To Host 2011 Worl Cup ??

biased indian

International Coach
Over the next few days in dubai ICC and BCCI are going to have a discussion on the FTP

which now unfairly give australia 124 weeks,england 110 of home crikcet while india gets only 69 weeks over the next five years (2007-2011) even though india provides half the money in cricket.with australia whos turn is it next to host the world cup already having signed a seperate deal with BCCI and England who will be going ahead with another one in coming weeks about bilateral series.

ICC is only left with two option either chnage the FTP and give india more home games or give india the right to host the 2011 world cup out of turn.and its said that australia is ready to step aside as they dont want to make BCCI feeal bad

biased indian

International Coach
LongHopCassidy said:
Look at this as a positive - it's an incentive for India to improve its away record! :p
ya and we get to see lot of world cup games as well every next worlcup will be here :)

TIF

U19 Debutant
If India gets the 2011 World Cup, then Australia will host the 2015 World Cup,

But if Australia gets the 2011 World Cup, then India hosts the 2015 World Cup.

Also, the ICC has said that every 3rd World Cup will be held in Asia. Asia, hosted the 1987 edition, did not host it in 1992, but got the 1996 edition. Now, the 1999, 2003 and 2007 editions havent been held in India and the 2011 edition wont happen in Asia as well before the 2015 edition finally happens in Asia, so that means after the 1996 World Cups, 4 World Cups would have gone by without Asia hosting any of them.

Blaze

Banned
It has to be Australia and hopefully NZ as well. We haven't had anything since 92.

Seriously a world cup in this part of the world would be awesome.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I agree with Blaze. We've had nothing since 1992. Since then Asia has held a World Cup the ICC Knockout and at least one Champions Trophy. There's an abundance of international grounds in this part of the world aswell.

Blaze

Banned
James90 said:
Yeah I agree with Blaze. We've had nothing since 1992. Since then Asia has held a World Cup the ICC Knockout and at least one Champions Trophy. There's an abundance of international grounds in this part of the world aswell.

Yeah I had not even thought about the fact that we haven't had the Champions Trophey either. I don't mind if it is only in Aus cause I will just have a holiday there and watch some cricket (it is only 3 hours away by plane) but please can we have something in this part of the world.

I suppose it would be quite good for the growth of the game in NZ to have some games though. How did they work it in 92? I know NZ had all of its games at home and we hosted the opening game against Aus at Eden Park and had the semi final there as well because we were playing in it. The final was at the MCG?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think the semi final venues were scheduled well before the Tournament though weren't they?

Deja moo

International Captain
Bangladesh have never hosted the WC. NZ have hosted it in 92. Therefore, the subcontinent should get it in 2011 :scared:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I thought the Japanese were trying to steal the 2011 Cup back off us, not the Indians... :D