• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Duckworth-Lewis

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find a detailed description of how it works, ie the actual formula used. I have tried countless times and come up with nothing.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe that the way it is calculated is as follows. You cut up lots and lots of pieces of paper, and on each one you write a number between the score the batting team is on and the target they are chasing. And then you get a big barrel...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
I believe that the way it is calculated is as follows. You cut up lots and lots of pieces of paper, and on each one you write a number between the score the batting team is on and the target they are chasing. And then you get a big barrel...
Please finish :p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
burkey_1988 said:
Please finish :p
So yeah, a barrel of beer, fill your glass, then break out the Duckworth-Lewis calculation sheet you conveniently have in your pocket.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
_Ed_ said:
So yeah, a barrel of beer, fill your glass, then break out the Duckworth-Lewis calculation sheet you conveniently have in your pocket.
But then what do you do with all the pieces of paper?

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
burkey_1988 said:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find a detailed description of how it works, ie the actual formula used. I have tried countless times and come up with nothing.
ask sean pollock