• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New cricket game - "Who am I"

Sudeep

International Captain
Deja moo said:
IMO, there should be atleast a couple of clues, maybe even 3 provided just to start off in the future.
Yes, that could rectify the glitch in the game.

For this one, the answer's possibly VVS Laxman.

TIF

U19 Debutant
There is no need to provide hints in this game. A fact provided, in itself acts as an hint. If required, the maximum no. of facts provided can be increased.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
For the game to work facts provided should be exclusive to a player.

Else there will be millions of answers after hint 1 which means there is room for ambiguity.

A way to do it is by providing a fact which makes it difficult to guess a player despite being exclusive to a specific player. Providing a certain number of facts initially can result in the same as well.

That should depend upon the person asking the question.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Deja moo said:
IMO, there should be atleast a couple of clues, maybe even 3 provided just to start off in the future.
In the game shows from where I stole this idea, only 1 clue is provided at one go. After getting the 1st 1-2 clues, the faces on the contestants faces are usually blank and its only after 3-4 clues, that they usually began to give the answers.

However, over here starting off with more than 1 clue at the start wont be a good idea, since we might arrive at the correct answer soon, but that can be stopped by giving more than 1 clue at the start. It depends on the member asking the question. The maximum no. of time between 2 clues to be provided is 24 hours and the minimum is 0 minutes, so 2 clues can be provided at once if the member asking the question.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Sudeep said:
Yes, that could rectify the glitch in the game.

For this one, the answer's possibly VVS Laxman.
Sudeep, you are right over there.

I started off with a relatively easy question just to find out how the game goes.

Its your turn to ask the question.

Sudeep

International Captain
Oh well, I'm gonna be away for the next couple of days, which means I wouldn't be able to provide any facts. But, I'm not gonna pass up the question. Instead, I'm gonna ask the simplest of questions, which the first person to answer would easily guess.

(By the way, I'm not too sure this thing - the game - is going to work well - just my honest opinion.)

Fact 1 (and probably the only one needed): I can't bat, I'm pursuing a degree in Economics and I write cricket fiction for kids.

:p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This ia a very good concept if the facts presented cannot mean another player.

Fact 1 - I played football for Halifax.

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
TIF said:
In the game shows from where I stole this idea, only 1 clue is provided at one go. After getting the 1st 1-2 clues, the faces on the contestants faces are usually blank and its only after 3-4 clues, that they usually began to give the answers.

However, over here starting off with more than 1 clue at the start wont be a good idea, since we might arrive at the correct answer soon, but that can be stopped by giving more than 1 clue at the start. It depends on the member asking the question. The maximum no. of time between 2 clues to be provided is 24 hours and the minimum is 0 minutes, so 2 clues can be provided at once if the member asking the question.
Its different here. I dont see the point in providing just one fact which can fit many players. Its just going to be a waste of time, until another fact is provided which narrows down the possible candidates.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Pratyush said:
This ia a very good concept if the facts presented cannot mean another player.

Fact 1 - I played football for Halifax.
Arnold Sidebottom(England)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
burkey_1988 said:
Willie Watson?
Yep you are right.

Over all this who am I is a good concept if he had exclusive facts. But thats difficult to find. So dont know how far it will succeed.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
OK here I go.

Fact 1 - Last week Ricky Ponting achieved something that only I had before

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Fact 1 - Last week Ricky Ponting achieved something that only I had before
Fact 2 - I once hit Bob Willis for six off the last ball of the day