• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New cricket game - "Who am I"

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Nope not laxman

Clue 2: I used to play for Gloucestershire, Nottinghamshire and Orange Free State, but i'm still involved in cricket.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Autobahn said:
yup

your turn.
OK, but I don't know how often I'll be able to update this.

Clue 1. Apart from Bangladesh, Zim & SA being readmitted, he was the last player to be picked as captain for his test debut.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Autobahn said:
Tony Lewis i'm guessing.

Born in wales and he was the last person to captain England on debut.
Yup. I think he was the last person to captain anyone on debut apart from Zim, Bang & SA after readmission. Anyway, your turn.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
wpdavid said:
Yup. I think he was the last person to captain anyone on debut apart from Zim, Bang & SA after readmission. Anyway, your turn.
And Sri Lanka.

Anyway.

Fact 1: Despite scoring a triple century and averaging 37.81 at First Class level i stuggled badly with my batting in tests, averaging under 25 and scoring only 9 50's and no centuries in 66 innings.

Fact 2: I sometimes kept wicket but never in tests or ODIs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Autobahn said:
And Sri Lanka.

Anyway.

Fact 1: Despite scoring a triple century and averaging 37.81 at First Class level i stuggled badly with my batting in tests, averaging under 25 and scoring only 9 50's and no centuries in 66 innings.

Fact 2: I sometimes kept wicket but never in tests or ODIs.
Mike Brearley?

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Yup your right and you got it quicker than i thought :ph34r:

And looks like Lee Germon did indeed captain NZ on his test debut, but did so after debuting in ODIs as just a wicketkeeper.

Infact in all his test matches he both captained and kept wicket and captained all his ODI's except for the first two.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Wasn't Lee Germon after Lewis?
Good call, and yes I had completely forgotten him. I suspect a lot of kiwis would like to do the same, but that's another matter.