• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overrated/Underrated

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is a game I saw in some other forums (non-cricketing forums, that is)

So, here is how it will work. I will name a player and the next person to respond can state whether he is over rated or underrated (in his opinion of course) and then he will name a player and the guy next to respond will give his opinion and then will name a player and so on....

I will start off with "Martin Crowe"

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
honestbharani said:
This is a game I saw in some other forums (non-cricketing forums, that is)

So, here is how it will work. I will name a player and the next person to respond can state whether he is over rated or underrated (in his opinion of course) and then he will name a player and the guy next to respond will give his opinion and then will name a player and so on....

I will start off with "Martin Crowe"
Underrated - up there with the best.

Ken Barrington

TIF

U19 Debutant
underrated - he is the only bowler to have over 500 odi wickets.

graham thrope

Beleg

International Regular
Underrated.

Easily the best batsman England produced in the last 20 years IMO.

Tom Moody

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Underrated, currently. Victim of his own success. I've seen some Aussies calling for his head because his career average briefly dropped (shock, horror!) under 50! The gut could retire tomorrow & still be an all-time great.

Mark Waugh

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Underrated, currently. Victim of his own success. I've seen some Aussies calling for his head because his career average briefly dropped (shock, horror!) under 50! The gut could retire tomorrow & still be an all-time great.

Mark Waugh
Overrated as batsman - unbelievably talented but average record and no better than say Lehmann who was never considered for his position

Underrated as a fieldsman - one of the best ever

Vinod Kambli

Beleg

International Regular
I don't quite know where to place Kambli. There are those who compare him with Tendulkar and others dismiss him as a prolonged fluke...

underrated, I guess.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sudeep said:
We seem to be stuck with LHC offline. Ummm...

Maurice Odumbe
Tough to say. Probably a bit overrated because of who he played for, but he would've played for a lot of other ODI teams too. After the ban I'm not v inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt tho.

Harold Larwood

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Tough to say. Probably a bit overrated because of who he played for, but he would've played for a lot of other ODI teams too. After the ban I'm not v inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt tho.

Harold Larwood
Underrated.

Mark Taylor