• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prediction Poll - Team to win 2007 World Cup

Team to win World Cup 2007

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's a Poll on which Team Everyone thinks is going to win the World Cup 2007 one year ahead .

I hope everyone will use their judgement and assessing Team strengths without being parochial and voting based on Nationalistic bias .

Last edited:

Ming

State 12th Man
I would have to say New Zealand stand a very good chance. Probably a NZ vs AUS final would be perfect. If our bowling attack is fit, we will have a very good combination with Bond and Mills opening up, and then our pace bowling allrounders in Oram, Cairns and Styris. Vettori and Patel will be the spinning the options, and the latter has come onto the international stage incredibly well.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I am voting for the two time defending champions, hoping it would Jinx them. ;)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I have to go with Australia. I can't see anyone overtaking them in the next year, too much depth. Though let's hope that neither Nathan Bracken, Mick Lewis or Brad Hogg make the team :(

Blaze

Banned
Voting for Aus is just lame so I went for Pakistan. If they turn up they will be hard to beat.

I would love to see NZ win a world cup, can't see it happening though.

adharcric

International Coach
Australia will go in as favourites once again but India and Pakistan will be right up there. England lacks the batting firepower and Sri Lanka need to rebuild, but South Africa could be a force to reckon with as well.

Australia: Powerful batting with Jacques & Gilly opening and pretty much the same 2-7 with Martyn returning ... Lee and McGrath clearly the most lethal pace combo

India: Tendulkar-Dravid-Sehwag core surrounded by yuvi-kaif-raina-gambhir/uthappa, harbhajan & chawla as the spin duo ... pathan along with vrv/munaf & rp singh will form a top fielding unit

Pakistan: With Inzy, Yousuf and Younis in place, a flurry of all-rounders and that pace battery (shoaib, sami, naved-ul-hasan, asif?), they will be a solid side

South Africa: batting (smith, kallis, prince, gibbs) and bowling (pollock, ntini, nel) will be solid, but they will be an excellent fielding unit ... lack of a quality spinner will hurt

It'll be Australia versus India once again . . . with a different result IF india's pace bowlers develop well before then

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My top 4 predictions in order are.....

Australia
Pakistan
South Africa
New Zealand

not sure if the semi's will work out this way

Deja moo

International Captain
JASON said:
Here's a Poll on which Team Everyone thinks is going to win the World Cup 2007 one year ahead .

I hope everyone will use their judgement and assessing Team strengths without being parochial and voting based on Nationalistic bias .
Uh-oh. You know, that sentence should have prefaced the poll instead of coming below it :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ming said:
I would have to say New Zealand stand a very good chance. Probably a NZ vs AUS final would be perfect. If our bowling attack is fit, we will have a very good combination with Bond and Mills opening up, and then our pace bowling allrounders in Oram, Cairns and Styris. Vettori and Patel will be the spinning the options, and the latter has come onto the international stage incredibly well.
It certainly would be if you were an Australian fan, the team that you keep dominating (ignoring the odd dead rubber) combined with the extra pressure that Australia have plenty of experience in handling. NZ would be long enough odds just to win that final, let alone get there in the first place.

Australia and England are still the most likely, with WI and Pakistan dark horses (WI could still easily go out at any stage, Pakistan will probably fall in a heap in the KO stages). The rest of the sides just have such a small chance of beating Australia when the pressure is on.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I voted Pakistan as I think they're on the way up, but it could realistically be any of the top 5. All those teams seem to be improving (bar Australia, but they're so far ahead anyway it doesn't matter).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
England have to actually beat other teams other than Australia to be one of the 'most likely' to win.

I'm being boring and voting Australia, I still reckon when the push comes to the shove they generally do what is needed for the win. Their recent matches against NZ and the VB Series games against Pakistan (though Pak were a younger and less experienced team then) prove that. So often they look like they are going to lose and often fight back to win. I don't think they'll be undefeated though like they were in 2003.

If I had to choose someone other than Australia I'd go with Pakistan like most others would.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
No, England are not likely.

Even making the semis would be beyond them IMO.
I said England and Australia are the most likely, not England are likely. But I'll dig up all these comments when the World Cup comes along. To say making the semis is beyond any of the main Test nations is ridiculous.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, I'm the lamebrain who has voted for the West Indies.

I don't need to justify my reasons to anyone, so there.

<quack> He clicked the wrong button

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scaly piscine said:
It certainly would be if you were an Australian fan, the team that you keep dominating (ignoring the odd dead rubber) combined with the extra pressure that Australia have plenty of experience in handling. NZ would be long enough odds just to win that final, let alone get there in the first place.

Australia and England are still the most likely, with WI and Pakistan dark horses (WI could still easily go out at any stage, Pakistan will probably fall in a heap in the KO stages). The rest of the sides just have such a small chance of beating Australia when the pressure is on.
What makes England Likely at all !!!!!????? apart from the fact you come from there??

andyc

Why would you include Zimbabwe when they're not even going to be playing cricket in a years time?

Deja moo

International Captain
andyc said:
Why would you include Zimbabwe when they're not even going to be playing cricket in a years time?
Good point. If they're not going to be playing, the ICC's going to have to arrange for another team.