• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus Twenty-20 comp

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone going to this? I don't think i'll be able to since they seem to be playing it at non-major grounds

I know alot of people don't like Twenty-20, but you must admit that cricket in Australia will benefit alot if it does well

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"I look forward to pictures of the twerps whose idea this was walking round the Gabba with 'Plonker' and '********' inscribed on their backs."
Mike Selvey on Cricket Australia's daft plan to use nicknames rather than players' names on shirts for Australia's first Twenty20 international

:laugh::laugh:

Haddin

U19 Debutant
I can't. But here are the scores.
QLD - 7/136 - Maher 59.
Tasmania - 1/15 - rain has stopped play, with a huge storm, so I doubt there will be any play in that game.

Victoria - 2/18.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't go, I don't think. I'll probably watch the international on TV, but that's it. Not a fan of the format.

howardj

International Coach
I just got back from the 'Gabba. Huge storm washed out proceedings. There was a prolonged blackout. Thought I was going to die. Anyway, I just found the whole thing utterly 'soul-less'. I sort of compare it to Sevens Rugby. In both games, it's just all out attack. The batting is just totally pre-meditated and there are no nuances. I like a contest between bat and ball, and for the batsmen to actually choose their time to attack and defend. With this format, fours and sixes are so plentiful that the 'specialness' of them is reduced, just like a try is in Sevens Rugby. Having said that, I'm backing up for the Twenty20 on Monday :laugh:

darko21

U19 Debutant
I am going to Adelaide oval to see the match on Tuesday. Never seen a twenty20 live before so I want to experience it. See if i love it or hate it.

Josh

International Regular
Victoria wins by 2 runs!! Harwood's wicket of Hogg in the last over sealed it.

Buchanan Man of the Match with a hard-fought 62.

If it weren't for Martyn's heroics, WA had no chance, and if it weren't for White and Buchanan, VIC could have been bundled out embarrasingly.

I'd loved to have seen it.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Josh said:
Victoria wins by 2 runs!! Harwood's wicket of Hogg in the last over sealed it.

Buchanan Man of the Match with a hard-fought 62.

If it weren't for Martyn's heroics, WA had no chance, and if it weren't for White and Buchanan, VIC could have been bundled out embarrasingly.

I'd loved to have seen it.
White was MOM, Buchanan made 47.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Attendances according to Cricinfo were 10083 (Queensland v Tasmania) and 15200 (Western Australia v Victoria) which sounds good. How do they equate with normal Aussie domestic games?

Obviously it's more important to see what happens to the attendances as the competition goes on, now and next year (if it gets that far). I don't recognise many of the names but it seems like the quality batsmen I have heard of have done well.

Linda

Pretty awesome game tonight... Maaarrrttoooooo :cool2:

As for the format, it doesnt leave me feeling very satisfied but its still fun. The best part was probably this guy from ABC who was running around chatting to the players on the field, and coaxing North into giving Ryan Campbell an over.. Also the players sitting right in front of you is pretty different.

Linda

Scaly piscine said:
Attendances according to Cricinfo were 10083 (Queensland v Tasmania) and 15200 (Western Australia v Victoria) which sounds good. How do they equate with normal Aussie domestic games?

Obviously it's more important to see what happens to the attendances as the competition goes on, now and next year (if it gets that far). I don't recognise many of the names but it seems like the quality batsmen I have heard of have done well.
Id adjust that figure for WA v Vic up, there was more than 15,000 there for certain. Itd be more or equal to Day 1 of the Test Match.

Edit. Better mention that David Hussey is not only a dirty traitor but a cheat aswell.. He touched the rope whilst saving a boundary, called it safe... :dry:

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's brought the crowds in which was the main incentive. Can't wait for the international on Monday. Got great seats aswell. Stand 67 :D

howardj

International Coach
James90 said:
Well it's brought the crowds in which was the main incentive. Can't wait for the international on Monday. Got great seats aswell. Stand 67 :D
That's right behind the bowler's arm. Maybe you'll get a catch when Johnson comes on to bowl. :laugh:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Very good in comparison

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Linda said:
Id adjust that figure for WA v Vic up, there was more than 15,000 there for certain. Itd be more or equal to Day 1 of the Test Match.

Edit. Better mention that David Hussey is not only a dirty traitor but a cheat aswell.. He touched the rope whilst saving a boundary, called it safe... :dry:
Brad Cheaty-Hodge gives lessons now?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I'll be there tomorrow for Vic Vs... I dont know but it's at the Junction Oval :lol: why not? It should be awesome.