• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why on earth don't players dive more often??

open365

International Vice-Captain
I'm talking about run outs.

I just can't fathom why batsmen don't dive more to get back in their ground,surely it's a better method than running your bat in especialy in very close situation?

I can't remeber a batsmen ever get run who dived for the crease,and when i've dived in a close run-out situation,i've allways been in and i wouldn't have if i never dived.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
I dunno maybe the fact that it happens so quickly doesn't give them enough time to decide to dive or not?