• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hit us if you can: Dhoni challenges Akhtar!!!

BANGALORE, Jan 3: Flamboyant wicketkeeper-batsman Mahendra Singh Dhoni today challenged Pakistan to attack Indian batsmen with bouncers and short-pitched deliveries in the upcoming series.:

Dhoni said the Indian team is prepared to face fiery spells from Shoaib Akhtar & Co.

"We are ready for it (bouncers and short-pitched deliveries). If they (Pakistan) think so (that Indians are vulnerable to such bowling attacks), they should try it. We are ready to face bouncers and short-pitched deliveries," Dhoni told reporters here after being signed as brand ambassador by the Karnataka Soaps & Detergents Limited.

The swashbuckling batsman said the series would be very tough and predicted an "even contest" as Pakistan is currently playing well as a unit.

"The team that plays well throughout the series will win," he said

Dhoni said he would try to give his cent per cent whether it's wicket-keeping or batting.

The hard-hitting batsman also fielded questions on his personal life.

Asked when he would get married, Dhoni remarked: "It's a good question. As of now, I have no plans." He also denied that he is dating anyone.

Dhoni also brushed aside any possibility of his acting in any film. "My job is to play cricket, I will play cricket," he said.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You can put this in the India Pakistan thread.. another thread for this not needed.

This series is again being build up as "Akhtar vs India series" .Akhtar has a history of getting hammering at the hands of Indian batsmen. Sehwag,Tendulkar,Yuvraj and Dravid had all made a mockery of the so called fastest bowler in the past.I think this time around Akhtar will face further problem against Indian batsmen as he would be facing a miracle called "Dhoni" for the first time around.

My gut feeling is that Akhtar will have a very poor series (like always :p ) against India.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
You can put this in the India Pakistan thread.. another thread for this not needed.
That's strange - I don't see a Cricket Web Staff Member tag under your name...

deeps

International 12th Man
big talk coming from someone still new to international cricket.

Shoaib will hit alot of indian batsman in this upcoming series

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Dhoni & co is going to make an example of Akhtar, Akhtar simply doesn't have the balls to stand up against Indian batsmen.
Give up already, no one cares. :dry:

Last edited:

nehrafan

Banned
I think cricketfans in Pakistan will like Dhoni's batting, even though he will make a mincemeat of Pakistan bowling attack, but its always great to see a hitter like Dhoni in full cry.

I just can't wait for the series to begin :)

shankar

International Debutant
Dhoni is the last person in the Indian batting line-up who should be challenging opposition pacers to bowl short. :sleep: At present he looks very suspect against the short stuff and in fact the Pakistanis had him worked out in the ODI series here after his hundred in the first match.

Although TBF he's not challenging them to bowl short to him. He's speaking on behalf of the whole team.

Last edited: