• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hit us if you can: Dhoni challenges Akhtar!!!

mayadevi

Banned
Shoaib is nothing but a big mouthed overrated bowler and the ***y Wicketkeeper batsmen showed Akhtar that he won't get respect from any Indian batsmen, not even from the keeper!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mayadevi said:
Shoaib is nothing but a big mouthed overrated bowler and the ***y Wicketkeeper batsmen showed Akhtar that he won't get respect from any Indian batsmen, not even from the keeper!!
Quote for hilarity... and posterity. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Quote for hilarity... and posterity. :laugh:
The fact that Shoaib had to resort to bowling a beamer and not even apologize and then snatched away his hat from the umpire after the ump tried to talk to him puts Dhoni's innings in perspective. Bouncers on flat tracks bowled at good pace are a lot harder to play than a bouncer on a green top... I didn't say that. Michael HOlding said that on commentary. His reasoning was that on such flat tracks, you never know how much the ball will bounce and mostly it reaches around head high and comes into the batsmen, making it very very uncomfortable for players. Remember Walsh's bouncer on a last day uneven bouncing pitch at Mohali to Prabhakar? It broke his nose, literally. I don't see why his shots off Shoaib and his victory over him should be regarded as lowly as some people here seem to suggest.

Plus, I never had too much a problem with his actual statement. All he said was that if bowling bouncers would be Akhtar's tactic, he would be prepared for it. The tone may have had a bit of gamesmanship but I don't find too much wrong with what he said.

Choora

State Regular
Younis Khan scored nearly 300 runs in that very test match, Yousuf scored 200 runs while Dhoni scored his mainden ton.Yet Micheal Holding gave the man of the match award to RPS for getting just 5 wkts in 2 innings !!! This was a big statement in itself saying that batting heroics on such a wkt wasn't a big deal, yet getting few wkt on such a turf was praiseworthy.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
mayadevi said:
Rather ironic considering the post directly above your one.

adharcric

International Coach
Voltman said:
I see my call for perspective is an exercise in futility here...
no i understand what you're saying completely. just wanted to give my opinion on dhoni's great innings under pressure.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
honestbharani said:
...................Plus, I never had too much a problem with his actual statement. All he said was that if bowling bouncers would be Akhtar's tactic, he would be prepared for it. The tone may have had a bit of gamesmanship but I don't find too much wrong with what he said.
You totally missed the point of my quoting it. It wasn't for content. It was for statement.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You totally missed the point of my quoting it. It wasn't for content. It was for statement.
Actually, I didn't even mean to quote it. I juz clicked the QR button from ur post and somehow the box was already checked. Maybe something about using Firefox. Sorry about that. :(