• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hit us if you can: Dhoni challenges Akhtar!!!

nehrafan

Banned
shankar said:
Dhoni is the last person in the Indian batting line-up who should be challenging opposition pacers to bowl short. :sleep: At present he looks very suspect against the short stuff and in fact the Pakistanis had him worked out in the ODI series here after his hundred in the first match.
Even if he misses, the other 6 (or even 7 as Patahn is doing great with bat these days) will hit Akhtar for six with great ease, untill that "actor" dissappears from the field with an excuse of injury :p

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Frankly, this challenge may be a mind game. It may not be Dhoni who will attack them, but someone else. Besides, it's natural of attacking players to throw such challenges.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
GladiatrsInBlue said:
"We are ready for it (bouncers and short-pitched deliveries). If they (Pakistan) think so (that Indians are vulnerable to such bowling attacks), they should try it. We are ready to face bouncers and short-pitched deliveries," Dhoni told reporters here after being signed as brand ambassador by the Karnataka Soaps & Detergents Limited.
:laugh:

Onya, Dhoners

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In Hindi dho dala means washed away. So it makes sense for a detergents and soaps company to sign Dhoni.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
In Hindi dho dala means washed away. So it makes sense for a detergents and soaps company to sign Dhoni.
A further clarification for those unfamiliar with the language.

Dho Dala means Washed (them).

The significance really is that the old fashioned way of washing clothes is for the clothes to be taken by the washermen (or women) to the waterside and the clothes are beaten on the rocks to clean them. Alternatively, at home they are beaten by a wooden bat to clean. Thus the term dho dala or kapde dho diye (washed their clothes) is also used to signify a beating as given by batsmen like Dhoni to the bowlers.

Thus after Dhoni's 148 at Vizag, it could be said that Dhoni ne dho dala, which would signify, Dhoni beat them up.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Originally Posted by nehrafan
I think cricketfans in Pakistan will like Dhoni's batting, even though he will make a mincemeat of Pakistan bowling attack, but its always great to see a hitter like Dhoni in full cry.
Originally Posted by vandemataram
Akhtar figues in the first innings might be 18-1-140-0
A great chance we might not see these guys for a while on this forum after the first test.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
I thought Akhtars changed with his short stuff and his new magic ball is the slow mesmerizing one, pretty hard to hit ppl with that one..btw the new slow ball is all crap, can't believe the ENG batsmen got out to those, and it will be shockingly hilarious if IND batsmen did the same.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Akhtar has always been a good bowler. I doubt if a lot has changed in his bowling. The only thing is - he isnt taking things outside cricket for granted and isnt feeling larger than the game - which can and is doing wonders with his consistency in performance on the field.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
While this comment may be laughed at, Dhoni's a breath of fresh air in a team which once featured Parthiv Patel and MSK Prasad.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
While this comment may be laughed at, Dhoni's a breath of fresh air in a team which once featured Parthiv Patel and MSK Prasad.
So is Dhoni a better wicket keeper than Patel or a better batsman ?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
nehrafan said:
Even if he misses, the other 6 (or even 7 as Patahn is doing great with bat these days) will hit Akhtar for six with great ease, untill that "actor" dissappears from the field with an excuse of injury :p
Then again, the Shoaib who played against England might be the real deal.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Xuhaib said:
A great chance we might not see these guys for a while on this forum after the first test.
My thoughts entirely - I guess the terrace turnstiles have been opened.

Pratyush said:
So i guess Dhoni doesn't really have to take the pansy Pak bowlers to cleaners :p

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
only tendulkar can play short balls on middle stump. Sehwag can hit uppercuts if the ball is on outside off but i hardly see him play a decent hook shot, ganguly is rubbish against short pitched stuff period, dravid and laxman are average at best, gambhir and dhoni i havent seen. Ive heard dhoni is similar to sehwag is this true

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanz said:
So is Dhoni a better wicket keeper than Patel or a better batsman ?
On a good day, he can make a massive impact, rather than contribute in bits and pieces.