• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
chooka_nick said:
Yeah Aussie, he performed well on an England A tour recently whilst the rest of the team was dropping my stones.
Go Yorks! Although how we're gonna win without Jacques and Harvey I dont know... I wonder who our overseas players will be?
Lehman and Gillespie

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haddin said:
And Matthew Hayden might join Hampshire.
Yes they have had talkes with 3 or 4 Australians including Hayden. He scored loads of runs whn they had him a quite a few years back and would solve hampshires terrible opening problem. I think they will win the champinship this year although they could definetly do with another batsmen even with Hayden. Ervine hopefully willl be over his injury problems and the same goes for Tremlett

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
I'm going to be er... sort of implict about my predictions.

The team who are going to win's name begins with W and ends in -arwickshire.

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
All teams are going to fail to Vettori. Finally we've got a good leftie to take wickets when Giles isn't here, and keep the momentum going (we were top before the players went off to international duty last year).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pothas said:
Yes they have had talkes with 3 or 4 Australians including Hayden. He scored loads of runs whn they had him a quite a few years back and would solve hampshires terrible opening problem.
It'd be interesting to see how he goes with the Rose Bowl as his home ground though...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hazza said:
All teams are going to fail to Vettori. Finally we've got a good leftie to take wickets when Giles isn't here, and keep the momentum going (we were top before the players went off to international duty last year).
Would be nice to have a good leftie when Giles is there as well... Hopefully Giles can get a full season in for Warwickshire.

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Well, its a question, will Notts have a hangover year like Victoria? Or will they dominate again, like NSW?

Mike Hussey

U19 12th Man
Pothas said:
Yes they have had talkes with 3 or 4 Australians including Hayden. He scored loads of runs whn they had him a quite a few years back and would solve hampshires terrible opening problem. I think they will win the champinship this year although they could definetly do with another batsmen even with Hayden. Ervine hopefully willl be over his injury problems and the same goes for Tremlett
What about Salman Butt? :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Haddin said:
Well, its a question, will Notts have a hangover year like Victoria? Or will they dominate again, like NSW?
To be honest I can't see them winning it again - just don't see that the likes of Ealham can repeat that sort of season.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
marc71178 said:
To be honest I can't see them winning it again - just don't see that the likes of Ealham can repeat that sort of season.
True the whole pace attack was in a purple patch last year and i just can't really see us getting the title again surrey-style especially with such a strong hampshire team.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
savill said:
I don't think Danish will be back, the PCB wasn't happy with the workload put on him last season. MacGill would be a good signing as the second overseas player, but something tells me Essex will probably end up with someone James Franklin and Arshad Khan!
Funds will be the main problem with MacGill (and Lee).

Mike Hussey

U19 12th Man
Kent, they are always looking great, but just to go with their poor one day from, they had an promising season, and it hurts.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Somerset sign Charl Willoughby (grr....was rude to me when I met him :@ ) as a Kolpak player, plus Cameron White and Dan Cullen as overseas players, having failed to re-sign Smith and Ponting. Hmmmm......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/somerset/4601584.stm

Looks like they're intending on playing three (or even four!) spinners next summer! :wacko:

Trescothick
Wood
Suppiah
Hildreth
Blackwell
Parsons(/Durston)
White
Gazzard
Johnson(/Willoughby when Johnno's injured)
Caddick
Cullen

Last edited:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Hmm I'd play Durston ahead of Parsons & I think you've missed out an RJ Woodman there :p When Tres isn't there Francis junior should open with Woody.