• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taking off the Gloves and Helmet

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
He's pretty good, used to play for county youth team, and was averaging 80 us in schools' cricket that year.
Oh no problem then. He obviously earnt it

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Better yet, you remove the pads and use two protectors as knee guards
Where do you get the second protector from? Think of the logistical nightmare!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
A valid point, but i have a solution!

The second protector is protecting your right but cheek if your left handed- vica versa if your right. Then once you reach 50 you remove the but protector and groin protector, and protect your knees

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
A valid point, but i have a solution!

The second protector is protecting your right but cheek if your left handed- vica versa if your right. Then once you reach 50 you remove the but protector and groin protector, and protect your knees
Okay, what do we do with the thigh guards, the arm guard, and the chest guard?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Thigh guards are turned into but cheek protector
Arm guard into groin protector

Not so sure about chest, im stumped...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Thigh guards are turned into but cheek protector
Arm guard into groin protector

Not so sure about chest, im stumped...
Cut out two holes for eyes and a few breathing holes and you have a face guard!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
GoT_SpIn said:
Good point. Maybe if you score 50+ runs you can't use a bat, but only a stump
Now hit a golf ball against a corrugated iron sheet.

Hey presto, Bradman.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When a batsman has made 400 in a Test Match he should be able to remove all his protective clothing and walk off the ground having put his own personal record above the good of the team.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Lillian Thomson said:
When a batsman has made 400 in a Test Match he should be able to remove all his protective clothing and walk off the ground having put his own personal record above the good of the team.
Yeah i think 380+ chairs should be set up at either end with an esky next to it

adharcric

International Coach
speaks highly on the creativity and vast knowledge of CW members when a topic as pointless as this makes it to the third page .. great job guys

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Point? What's a point?

I'm not surprised that batsmen take off their gloves - on a hot day after you've been batting for even 30 minutes, your hands feel like they're taking a bath.

Dunno about helmet though, but I know that the BO off my cap can kill a mouse within 3 seconds.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
I personally think that the gloves can be taken off at the end of an over or after a wicket but never during an over.

Helmets, not so sure. I don't bat with a helmet anymore although i do field with one at BatPad and Short Mid Micket. But then i take it off every over or so...

The best time to take off your gloves is usually when you are making that long walk back to the boundary.

deeps

International 12th Man
lol i sweat profusely, and i don't like the feel of inners, so my gloves come off at about 10, and my 2nd pair of gloves come out at 50 odd

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
deeps said:
lol i sweat profusely, and i don't like the feel of inners, so my gloves come off at about 10, and my 2nd pair of gloves come out at 50 odd
You have two pairs of gloves? I'm in awe.