• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Country boards.

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
I suggest having a board for each country that plays cricket. This would enable more, and more in depth discussion about cricket as a whole, instead of just international and generalised domestic discussions.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'd be interested to hear what people think about this.

My thoughts are that by creating another 10 forums it spreads out the discussion too much and makes it more difficult to participate in discussions.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm in the same boat as Marc. I think the other thing is that if you segregate nations forum-wise, then people wouldn't stay as informed about other nations as what they are now, and would reduce the quality of the discussion.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
I'd personally keep it all as is.
Agreed. Having too many threads will just make it confusing. The way it is, you get to see all the threads, so I'll end up reading a thread about Indian cricket, then maybe one about the Bangladesh domestic season, and then one about the latest South African prospect or whatever.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
There are other cricket forums that do that, I think this forum is unique in bringing everyone into one forum and while from time to time some individuals have tried to dominate threads and not let other country individuals (ie those that less represented on this forum - namely SA, SL , West Indies, Pakistan in that order of lesser representation to greater representation [of countries that have less representation] on this forum) have their say or try and Gang up and submerge other view points, overall this gets sorted out and everyone seems to have a fair go in discussions.

As such I see no reason to have separate country boards and am not in favour of this.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
I'm in the same boat as Marc. I think the other thing is that if you segregate nations forum-wise, then people wouldn't stay as informed about other nations as what they are now, and would reduce the quality of the discussion.
It would be the end of Cricket Web as we know it - you'd end with 4 or 5 separate groups of members who would have next to no contact with one another.

On second thoughts....

Josh

International Regular
A lot of countries play cricket. That'd be a lot of boards.

Or are we just talking the test-playing nations here??

Josh

International Regular
luckyeddie said:
It would be the end of Cricket Web as we know it - you'd end with 4 or 5 separate groups of members who would have next to no contact with one another.

On second thoughts....
Hahahaha ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Agreed. Having too many threads will just make it confusing. The way it is, you get to see all the threads, so I'll end up reading a thread about Indian crikcet, then maybe one about the Bangladesh domestic season, and then one about the latest South African prospect or whatever.

agreed

keep the community together :)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
age_master said:
keep the community together :)
Indeed...there's a lot of interaction between members from different areas that would be lost having seperate country boards...and where would the 'common' threads go, such as all the world XI threads and the like.

Deja moo

International Captain
No ghettoisation please. Its the best cricket discussion forum around, and IMO the mingling of all nationalities is a major factor.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm with everyone else - there are very few threads that are only visited by posters of one particular nationality, and a lot are better for different inputs.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Just an idea, could you make like a seperate forum, and the 10 or 11 teams gets a Thread instead of a whole forum. Make it sticky, and whatever comes up just stick it in there, :cool:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hate the idea, to be honest. Im not a fan of multiple sub-forums in any case - I usually just hit the "new posts" button.

Leave it as it is.