• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wish I had of seen that........

Xuhaib

International Coach
Why the hell Wasim Akram bowl only 4 overs when rest of the crap were getting tonked all over the park.
Qadir must have been the most stupid captain "thank god" he dindt captain Pakistan much after this.

Xuhaib

International Coach
This innings looks like another typical Rameez innings going for the personal milestone instead of the victory.

Beleg

International Regular
Man, but that Pakistani team is pretty woefull compared to most we have fielded since.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Wasim seems to have missed the third ODI with groin strain so that might have been affecting during this one, plus Miandad who had flu, Salim Yousuf was also injured in the first ODI with a dislocated thumb.

You know it's an odd pakistan side when Abdul Qadir comes out to bat at 5 ahead of Ijaz Ahmed, a guy who averaged 26.04 (Asif Mujtaba) and with only three batsmen averaging above 30.

Wouldn't mind seeing that match now actually.... :D

open365

International Vice-Captain
hehehehe,poor Rameez....

Jason Gallian got ran out twice on 199 during the 2005 county championship.

Beleg

International Regular
Qadir is a real character. Not quite as abrasive upfront as Sarfraz Nawaz but every bit as fond of holding grudges. Going off on tangent about Waqar, Wasim, Imran and their highly 'suspectable' activities used to be his favorite pasttime on T.V analysis programs.

Asif Mujtaba would easily have average in excess of thirty had he been playing today. Played a major hand in a couple of key victories as well, a useful customer for his day and age.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Beleg said:
Qadir is a real character. Not quite as abrasive upfront as Sarfraz Nawaz but every bit as fond of holding grudges. Going off on tangent about Waqar, Wasim, Imran and their highly 'suspectable' activities used to be his favorite pasttime on T.V analysis programs.
I don't mind people who say what they mean. Holding back on something for fear of sounding politically correct or something is one of my pet hates.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Asif Mujtaba's FC batting average in recent Pakistan seasons

1999/00: 58
2000/01: 49
2001/02: 40
2002/03: 54
2003/04: 47
2004/05: 53

Career: 17760@50.16

IFAIK he's also now a decent second/third spinner (SLA)
FC Career Ave: 23

I know the Pakistani domestic circuit isn't the strongest in the world, but those figures are still really good. So why didn't he play any more international cricket, was he a Graeme Hick sort of player?

Those figures are pretty outstandin

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know the Pakistani domestic circuit isn't the strongest in the world, but those figures are still really good. So why didn't he play any more international cricket, was he a Graeme Hick sort of player?
Asif Mujtaba was not your normal Pakistani batsman as he lacked flair but he was extreamly gutsy and as beleg pointed out he played his part in few key victories (remember that last ball six of SteveWaughslower ball :)). Mujtaba was a case of victimization throughout his career Imraan never rated him and kept him on the sidelines preferring players like Ejaz who was woeful in that period and other guyz lke Aamir Malik, Zahid fazal, Shahid Saeed, Sohail Fazal and a few others who were completley useless. When Miandad took over from Imraan mujtaba got his place in the team and performed quite consistentley for a considerable period but as soon as Miandad went Mujtaba also lost his place and then he never got another fair chance.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Speaking of Imraan people give him a lot of credit for finding talents like Inzi, Waqar,Aamir Sohail buti must say he also had a fetish for picking crap stuff such as Saleem Jaffar, Mohsin Kamal, Zakir Khan and some of the batsmen mentioned in my above post.
Imraan is also responsible of messing quite a few promising careers if it wasnt for Imraan's undue dislike towards Saeed Anwar the master left hander would have scored 6000 test runs and 10000 ODI runs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Xuhaib said:
This innings looks like another typical Rameez innings going for the personal milestone instead of the victory.
99 from 122 is reasonably quick for today's standards. I'd imagine it'd be extremely excellent back then.

Beleg

International Regular
I don't mind people who say what they mean. Holding back on something for fear of sounding politically correct or something is one of my pet hates.
Obviously, you ought to be upfront about your feelings in most cases, but NOT when you are paid to analyze a particular match. There's a time and place for everything.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't believe I'm the first one to point out that this should be called 'Wish I had have seen that.'

Fusion

Global Moderator
Xuhaib said:
Speaking of Imraan people give him a lot of credit for finding talents like Inzi, Waqar,Aamir Sohail buti must say he also had a fetish for picking crap stuff such as Saleem Jaffar, Mohsin Kamal, Zakir Khan and some of the batsmen mentioned in my above post.
Imraan is also responsible of messing quite a few promising careers if it wasnt for Imraan's undue dislike towards Saeed Anwar the master left hander would have scored 6000 test runs and 10000 ODI runs.

Finding great talent (especially in Pakistan where the structure is so weak and disjointed) is always going to be difficult. Considering that, I think Imran deserves the accolades for "finding" the players you mentioned. He also persisted with some that eventually did pay off. But I do agree that because of his grudges/biases, some talented players did suffer (as well as established ones like Javed!). In the end, you take the good with the bad. And IMO, no one deserves more credit in Pak cricket that Imran.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
andyc said:
I can't believe I'm the first one to point out that this should be called 'Wish I had have seen that.'
The word 'of' instead of 'have' when talking has become quite common for some reason, and it has not transferred to message boards. :p