• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Distalgesic XI

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
1. Geoff Boycott
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Jacques kallis
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
5. Gus Logie
6. Madan Lal
7. Alan Knott
8. Chris Lewis
9. Shane Warne
10.Dennis Lillee
11.Terry Alderman

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think this might be a brand name for the drug. In India there is one called diclagesic which is also a pain killer. The word you will certainly find on the dictionary is analgesic meaning pain killer.

Deja moo

International Captain
Distalgesic was indeed, as suggested by SJS, an analgesic.
I still dont see how thats related to this bunch of players ?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The idea was to pick a team of players that for one reason or another gave the selectors a headache either through loss of form, not being available or any sort of controversy. The headache would of course have left them seeking painkillers. In hindsight it might not have been the best idea for a thread, but no man is an island.

archie mac

International Coach
Lillian Thomson said:
1. Geoff Boycott
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Jacques kallis
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
5. Gus Logie
6. Madan Lal
7. Alan Knott
8. Chris Lewis
9. Shane Warne
10.Dennis Lillee
11.Terry Alderman
No SG Barnes the only man left out for reasons other than cricket

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I guess you could add Thorpey to the team; I think his maritally-inspired woes have been fairly well documented, but he was our best batter for over a decade. It was classically Thorpesque to make that century on his final comeback in the 5th test v SA in 2003.

There's any number of rebel-South Africa tourists too: Gooch, Gatting & Emburey (the only player to tour twice I believe) as well as the already mentioned Alderman. I always thought we hurried the English rebels back into our test side with a haste that was a bit undignified. I suppose with a player of Gooch's undoubted class this is understandable on strictly cricketing grounds, but I'm not sure what message it sent to the players who opted not to go.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lillian Thomson said:
1. Geoff Boycott
2. Gordon Greenidge
3. Jacques kallis
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
5. Gus Logie
6. Madan Lal
7. Alan Knott
8. Chris Lewis
9. Shane Warne
10.Dennis Lillee
11.Terry Alderman
If its that they give selectors/officials nightmares, then Glenn Turner should open with Geoff Boycott

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Prince EWS said:
Boje and Gibbs fit that criteria as well...
Not so much an issue for the selectors tho. Even if they picked them for an Indian tour I'd bet (hey, irony!) that Nico & Herschelle would decline.