• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wish List 2006

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
1. Quick solution to the selection drama.
2. Chapel - Dravid experiments continuing.
3. Fewer one sided tests (especially involving Australia).
4. India winning at least one overseas series and at least one match in every series (test).

TIF

U19 Debutant
For Australia -

Hussey becomes a regular in tests and ODIs.
Give chance to younsters aged less than 25 a go in their national team.
Symonds gets to play more test matches as an all-rounder and Clarke also bowls more than what he does.

For Bangladesh -

Win some matches against more test-playing nations.
Have their batsmen stay in the middle for longer duration and play longer innings without looking to slog every ball.
Avoid their familiar batting collapses.
Score over 250+ consistently in odis and 300+ consistently in tests.

For England -

Find more all-rounders other than Flintoff.
Improve their batting abilities against spinners.

For India -

Win a test series outside the sub-continent.
Give chance to more all-rounders like VRV Singh, JP Yadav, Yusuf Pathan and Ramesh Powar in ODIs.
Irfan Pathan to improve his batting and bowling further.
Give chance to more youngsters like Gaurav Dhiman, Shikhar Dhawan, Piyush Chawla a go in the national team.
Munaf Patel becoming injury free and making his intl debut.
Anil Kumble being recognised as a great spinner alongwith Muralitharan and Warne.

For New Zealand -

Find a genuine opener.
Bond becomes injury-free and starts to bowl 150+ kph regularly.

For Pakistan -

Afridi learns to play defensively as well and play longer innings.
Inzamam-ul haq improves his running between the wickets.
Danish Kaneria becomes a regular in the ODI team.

For South Africa -

They find a genuine spinner.
Pollock improves his batting further.

For Sri Lanka -

Give more chance to more youngsters, especially spinners.
Develop players who can fill the huge voids which will create after players like Vaas, Muralitharan, Jayasurya, Atapattu and Sangakkara retire.
Give more chance to Micheal Vandort.

For West Indies -

They find a genuine spinner.
Avoid their familiar batting collapses.
Find some young batsmen and include them in their national team.
Dinesh Ramdin becoming their 1st choice wicket-keeper.

For Zimbabwe -

Their cricketing troubles end.
Players like Streak, Blignaut, Andy Flower, Grant Flower, Sean Ervine, Olonga, Taibu retun to their national team.
They come back at full-strength.

For minnows getting ODI status - Kenya, Ireland, Holland, Scotland, Canada and Bermuda -

Cause an upset in ODIs beating a test playing nation.
Avoid batting collapses when they play ODIs.
Consistently score over 250+ in ODIs.
For Canada, John Davison bats like the way he did in world cup 2003 and bowls like the way he bowled in inter-continental cup 2004, when he picked 17 wickets against USA.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I would say Dinseh Ramdin is already 1st choice for the West Indies.

For New Zealand I would also add that their top and middle order start pulling their A into G and start preforming and not leaving it to the likes of Oram, McCullum and Vettori to rescue the team and win the games for them (ie 3rd Chappell-Hadlee match at Christchurch).

- Another great Ashes.

- Vaughan not to overbowl Flintoff. As good as he is, IMO he is best off as a strike bowler used in short sharp bursts.

- An entertaining India v England Test series, I thought the last one was on the little bit on the boring side.

- Ramnaresh Sarwan to finally show some consistentcy throughjt out a whole calender year. I have always had faith in him that he will come good and IMO he has potential to average around 50 by the end of his Test career, but after playing Test cricket for nearly 6 years and for period of inconsistentcy, he needs to preform or run the risk of being the nearly man of West Indies and international cricket.

India beating Pakistan 3-0 in test and winning the ODI 4-1.

Sachin Tendulkar and Sehweg thrashing Akhtar in all the matches and humiliating him on his home ground again.

Zaheer Khan getting 25-30 wkts in 3 test matches and gets MOS award :)

shaka

International Regular
Bond to go the year injury free, and SA to beat Aus in a test match

Last edited:

TIF

U19 Debutant
And I missed out on these -

General cricket related wishes -

End of super-sub and power plays in odis.
End of the rule in tests that a day can be extended by only half-an-hour if the full 90 overs havent been bowled.
Provision of a reserve day in tests to complete the full 450 overs if the test match was affected by bad light/rain.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia retain the Ashes (before Sydney)
Bangladesh's middle order finds some consistency.

Everything else fades into nothingness.

Xuhaib

International Coach
SJS,
Karachi is an extreamly safe city apart from few problems which every big city seems to have.I think its an awsome idea from your side to come to Karachi and watch the matches you coming for the ODI or the test match?, infact some Indian friends of my dad are coming from Dehli for the Karachi ODI would be awsome. :D
If you are looking for any sort of help feel free to contact me. Karachi is a wonderfull city excellent hotels (though the prices have skyrocketed recently) good shopping ,food and a very lively atmosphere im sure it would be an excellent expeirence. :)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
James90 said:
Australia retain the Ashes (before Sydney)
Bangladesh's middle order finds some consistency.

Everything else fades into nothingness.
Australia will have to win the Ashes...England can retain them. You get used to saying Australia will have to retain them though. :)
I would like to see your 2nd one as well.

Some other things I'd like to see this year:
-more competitive Test cricket...like this Aus vs South Africa series and the Ashes
-Pathan performs against non-minnow sides and is ranked in the top 10 for meaningful performances and India in general continue improving
-Tendulkar back to his very best and he and Lara resume the battle for the world's greatest batsman
-Simon Jones stays injury free and becomes the best pace bowler in the world (only after the India series :p )

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ Yeah, when McGrath is gone I'd like to see Flintoff, Jones and Shoaib battle it out for world's best pace bowler. :) Of course this isn't 2006 making my post in this thread fairly useless.