• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Look Back at 2005

adharcric

International Coach
2005 turned out to be quite an eventful year, both in the people's world and the cricket world. First, a recap of what we'll remember from the past year.

***England's Glory*** Led by the magical Flintoff, England reclaim The Ashes in glorious fashion. All throughout, Shane Warne stood high as a true champion.
***Records Tumble and Legends Emerge*** Sachin Tendulkar, the highest century-maker, and Brian Lara, the highest run-getter.
***Controversy, Controversy, Controversy*** The Ganguly-Chappell spat, a leaked confidential letter, a well-deserved accidental Chappell finger for the Kolkata crowds, the selection of all-rounder Ganguly over paceman Zaheer, Dada's recall after a friendly meeting with BCCI head Sharad Pawar.
***Magical Comebacks*** Shane Bond, Sachin Tendulkar & Shoaib Akhtar ... what's next, Sourav Ganguly?
***Disgraceful Zimbabwe Cricket*** This is probably more a forgettable disaster than something to remember.

Rising Stars: Mike Hussey, MS Dhoni and Kevin Pietersen
Fading Stars: Sourav Ganguly, Jason Gillespie and Sanath Jayasuriya

Thoughts???

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If we take it that we just choose our own personal overriding memory of the year then this is mine: In the same over that Harmison dismissed Kasper to square the Ashes Series Brett Lee hit a full toss outside the off-stump straight to the boundary fielder and took a single. On any other day he might have hit the poor delivery to the boundary or into a gap. Just after that shot, one of the my mates who was watching with me turned to the chap next to him, puffed out his cheeks and said "He might live to regret that shot." Moments later the match was over.