• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Expectations for 2006 and Happy New Year 2006

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
2006 arrives here in about 3 and half hours time. Happy New Year everyone and May 2006 be happy and prosperous for each and everyone of you. :cheers: :rockon: :partytime :newyear:

And these are my wishes for 2006 .

1 SL Batsmen to finally find some form.
2 New comers in to the SL Team to do well.(Batsmen and the new Spinners)
3 SL stop its decline in both Tests and ODIs and return to winning ways .
4 ICC to abolish the stupid Super Sub rule and Power Plays (Cricket is complicated enough as it is and particularly chaps like Marvan Atapttu are not intellectual giants by any stretch of the imagination. The guy struggles with simple things and Power Play makes it too hard for him !! :D For instance today against NZ he forgot the last power play completely and still got away with it as SL lost any way. :D )
5 ICC to re-consider 3rd Umpire involvement in LBWs and close catches.

What does everyone else on CW wish for in 2006 ? :D

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
1. me to reach about 2.4thou posts by this time next year
2. me win 1 award in the anual CW prizegiving
more stuff cant think
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE on CW

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
2006 arrives here in about 3 and half hours time. Happy New Year everyone and May 2006 be happy and prosperous for each and everyone of you. :cheers: :rockon: :partytime :newyear:

And these are my wishes for 2006 .

1 SL Batsmen to finally find some form.
2 New comers in to the SL Team to do well.(Batsmen and the new Spinners)
3 SL stop its decline in both Tests and ODIs and return to winning ways .
4 ICC to abolish the stupid Super Sub rule and Power Plays (Cricket is complicated enough as it is and particularly chaps like Marvan Atapttu are not intellectual giants by any stretch of the imagination. The guy struggles with simple things and Power Play makes it too hard for him !! :D For instance today against NZ he forgot the last power play completely and still got away with it as SL lost any way. :D )
5 ICC to re-consider 3rd Umpire involvement in LBWs and close catches.

What does everyone else on CW wish for in 2006 ? :D
Happy new year everyone, you all like cricket so you must be all top notches :D

For 2006 I want them Ashes back :@ Although I realise that will take in a little of 2007 :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
33/3from3.3 said:
1. me to reach about 2.4thou posts by this time next year2. me win 1 award in the anual CW prizegiving
more stuff cant think
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE on CW
Both are easily achieved , Mate !! :D :D

1 - Just get on line and post 1 post in every thread active on the forum daily - you will get there in 1 month.

2 I grant you Cricket Web's funniest poster award !! ** This is my personal award, hope the others on CW don't come after me :D :laugh: **

Sudeep

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Isn't the series scheduled so there's 3 Tests in 2006?
Actually four Tests. But then again, this time McGrath might not be sure of a 5-0 victory. 8-)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopes
- Shane Watson establishes himself at international level
- Powerplays & supersubs abolished
- Zimbabwe and Bangladesh have Test status removed
- Michael Vaughan passes away mysteriously in his sleep
- 2006 to be an entertaining year of cricket

Expectations
- Australia to regain the Ashes
- Andrew Symonds to become a consistent test allrounder
- Shane Warne to continue his incredible form
- AB de Villiers & Mike Hussey continue to impress
- IK Pathan to join the likes of Flintoff & Kallis as one of the top current allrounders

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopes
Nathan Bracken to become a regular in the Aussie squad
Stuart MacGill to get more games than he has this year
Australia to thump England in the Ashes
Bangladesh to win more matches
Zimbabwe to sort itself out

Expectations
Zimbabwe won't sort itself out, will flounder around helplessly before losing interational status
The Ashes will be a challenging series that Australia will eventually win
Australia to continue with the whole allrounder business, and Watson to become a test regular
Andrew Flintoff to impress during the first few Ashes test but to sustain an injury halfway through due to massive work load.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
A close series would be good, I'm sure most people would agree. But I doubt we will see a close series...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Robertinho said:
A close series would be good, I'm sure most people would agree. But I doubt we will see a close series...
I don't know. Australia aren't THAT poor, surely?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
JASON said:
2 I grant you Cricket Web's funniest poster award !! ** This is my personal award, hope the others on CW don't come after me :D :laugh: **
I agree - it's well-deserved.

:sleep:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Robertinho said:
Yeah, yeah, you know you're going to get beaten.. :D
I knew we were going to be beaten last time, so what difference does that make?

If the Aussie players think that they've just got to turn up (like last time), I guess the outcome could be the same as last time (although Ponting might have to find some other scapegoat to take the place of Gary Pratt who is now out of contract with Durham)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh to thump the Aussies at home

Ok, maybe a little optimistic so I'll go for 1x Ashraful hundred, 10x wickets in match for Rafique and Javed Omar batting out two days vs Warne and MacGill to save the Test.

Bangladesh to win U19 WC as well

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
JASON said:
Why not all the 12 months? :huh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol. Happy new year everybody. :)

My hopes and expectations are:

more runs from Lara
more wins for India
Australia coming back to the pack
England regaining the Ashes, but losing to India. :)

simmy

International Regular
Its going to be a great year. Especially for me, an English supporter.

Have a tricky tour away to India, Pakistan and SL at home and then the bleeding Ashes! What more can you want.

I think England will thrash Pakistan at home, in fact I will go as far as to say that they wont lose a home test all summer.

As for the Ashes... it will be close but perhaps Warne will carry Aus all the way this time.