• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Expectations for 2006 and Happy New Year 2006

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopes:

- Hopefully I work out a way to visit Europe again for an extended period that doesn't involve winning the lotto :D

- It would be nice if I eventually finished my travel diary, if not for myself then for the friends I email it too...it's about time they were put out of their misery.

- I'd like to be on Getaway...is that really asking too much? :D

Expectations:

- By the end of the year I expect to have completed a Grad Dip in Journalism and be somewhere in Europe doing an English Teaching course. Somewhere with snow would be nice...which seems to be everywhere at the moment!

- I expect the point about the travel diary to come to fruition!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Here are mine specifically for cricket

Hopes:
- India to defeat Pakistan away and England at home in two awesome test series
- Sachin Tendulkar to return to his champion ways, in whatever way possible.
- Pathan to continue to show his potential with both bat and ball and begin to further fulfill it
- Kaif to find a regular place in the test team, and this Ganguly/obvious political selection problems to end quickly!

Expectations:
- Australia to win back the Ashes in a hard fought series, with Glenn McGrath being the critical difference.
- Shoaib Akhtar to have one of, if not, his best year ever.
- Kyle Mills to sneak up and become a pretty good ODI bowler and help NZ rise back up in the ODI rankings with a good opening bowler partnership between Mills and Bond
- Virender Sehwag to join the likes of Ponting, Dravid, Lara, and Kallis as one of the best test batsman in the world. ATM he's a little tier below, but after two good series against Pakistan (like he always does) and England he'll launch up in the ratings.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
I'm going to make a bgi call and say that I don't think he'll have much of an influence.
This is one of those "Drop Vaughan" posts that is likely to come back to haunt you, isn't it?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
This is one of those "Drop Vaughan" posts that is likely to come back to haunt you, isn't it?
Don't think I ever said "drop Vaughan".

And yes it could very well come back to haunt me. Does "drop Butcher" still haunt you? :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
Don't think I ever said "drop Vaughan".

And yes it could very well come back to haunt me. Does "drop Butcher" still haunt you? :p
"Drop Vaughan for Fulton" was me in April 2002. Marc's never let me forget it.

Still, I don't think I've been wrong about much since...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:

Really? I thought it was "drop Butcher for Faulton"? Ah well, it's still a ridiculous comment (now). :p:)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Oh yes, a classic one that was!

Neil Pickup said:
Having seen University Challenge I'd have to disagree :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
Yes I saw your detailed arguements on the topic through a link on a thread once. :)

open365

International Vice-Captain
33/3from3.3 said:
1. me to reach about 2.4thou posts by this time next year
2. me win 1 award in the anual CW prizegiving
more stuff cant think
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE on CW
nerd...