• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best sports(cricket) channel

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
Channel 4 is the best for me. It has the best technology and some of the best commentators in cricket broadcasting.

chalky

International Debutant
benchmark00 said:
Channel nine have the most features and the best layout, so 9 for mine.
They also have the most annoying, biased and unknowledgeable set of commentators ever assembled.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Originally Posted Maison
??????
wtf?
is that 'free to air'
No its not free we get it through our cable which is actually very cheap in Pakistan (RS 300 only per month).
Super sports is the best ever.
SS1= All the rugby action arnd the world. International as well as domestic games from England Aus and SAF with a bit of some minor sports and some golf.
SS2= All international cricket with SAF domestic games ,also it covers tennis.
SS3= 24 hour soccer channel.EPL, Spanish, Bundesliga,Portugal, South African, Internationals etc etc.
SS4= Highlights.
SS5 & SS6=They basically cover rest of the live action for eg if on SS2 they are showing SAF vs AUS then on SS5 they will show IND vs PAK.
:)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Xuhaib said:
No its not free we get it through our cable which is actually very cheap in Pakistan (RS 300 only per month).
Super sports is the best ever.
SS1= All the rugby action arnd the world. International as well as domestic games from England Aus and SAF with a bit of some minor sports and some golf.
SS2= All international cricket with SAF domestic games ,also it covers tennis.
SS3= 24 hour soccer channel.EPL, Spanish, Bundesliga,Portugal, South African, Internationals etc etc.
SS4= Highlights.
SS5 & SS6=They basically cover rest of the live action for eg if on SS2 they are showing SAF vs AUS then on SS5 they will show IND vs PAK.
:)
we don't get that here in India. Must talk to my cable guy.

BTW, we still get all cricket played all over the world.

ESPN/Star Sports = show all international matches held in Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

TEN Sports = show all international matches held in Sri Lanka, Pakistan and West Indies

Zee Sports/DD = show all matches held in India (in the case of Zee, IF they have the satellite rights)

Sony MAX = show all ICC events like Champions Trophy, World Cup, Super Series, Tsunami appeal games etc.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Another cheap Super Sports plug :p .
Forgot to add that we get live WWE PPV's shown on Super sports 2.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Channel 9. Channel 4 was good on the ashes coverage though, I thoroughly enjoyed that series.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
KaZoH0lic said:
Channel 9. Channel 4 was good on the ashes coverage though, I thoroughly enjoyed that series.
Channel 4 has been pretty good for quite a while, shame they have to give it up. Sky is ok I suppose, but I'd rather not have to listen to Willis all the time (still, Channel 4 has Nicholas too who we all have to endure).

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
I think I'll miss Boycott most of all the Channel Four commentators. I've always found him quite entertaining to listen to and quite funny at times. His style of 'I say what I like and I like what I say' makes him quite a unique commentator as well.