• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lee vs Akhtar

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think when Lee is bowling better than Akhtar he is definitely the better bowler :sleep:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Ahh thats a tough one, from what I've seen of them this year they have both been imense. But I'll say Akhtar, the yorker which dismeissed Giles in the fiorst test was the stuff of dreams

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Murtaza Nasir said:
who is the best bowler of both lee or akhtar :@
Murtaza Nasir said:
i think lee is the best
Murtaza Nasir said:
lee rocks
Hey look at that, they all fit in the one post :p

But seriously, welcome to CW. I've not really seen all that much of Akhtar, but I think that he definetely instills fear in the batsmen better, and from what I read is a really good bowler on his day.

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
Tom Halsey said:
Akhtar, quite easily. Lee needs to continue his improvement for a while yet before he's at Akhtar's level.
like shoaib doesnt?

:/

theyre 'the same imo'

they bowl well sumtimes.. sumtimes they bowl poorly :o

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Lee's Test Average: 31.85
Shoaib's: 24.76

That says enough. Shoaib is clearly a better Test bowler as he can make things happen.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most probably Shoaib, he does bowl at times though like he has a heart the size of a small legume.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Maison said:
like shoaib doesnt?

:/

theyre 'the same imo'

they bowl well sumtimes.. sumtimes they bowl poorly :o
No, he doesn't. He's always been a potential match-winner, Lee's only looked like one very recently (against a poor West Indian side).