• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are they doing?

brockley

International Captain
Whats australia under 19's build up to the world cup heard nothing,vic you are there whats happening.
I know moises is making his debut this weekend.Actually this is the least experienced under 19 side i ever remember representing australia,in the past 2/3 have had first class experience,3/4 playing the cricket australia cup.
Hope we get a warm up tour before the world cup,otherwise what was the use of having the championship in december instead of january.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
brockley said:
Whats australia under 19's build up to the world cup heard nothing,vic you are there whats happening.
I know moises is making his debut this weekend.Actually this is the least experienced under 19 side i ever remember representing australia,in the past 2/3 have had first class experience,3/4 playing the cricket australia cup.
Hope we get a warm up tour before the world cup,otherwise what was the use of having the championship in december instead of january.
Everyone is playing in their own state, and then there's a camp around late January, for five or so days, in Brisbane. Then the side flies out on about the 28th, and have two practice matches (against Ind + Pak) in the days before the opening ceremony.

About 4 players from our side have played CA Cup cricket, now Moises will have played ING. Might reflect the changing attitudes towards age in Australian cricket - "just a number" - a little bit. But it's a pretty even squad, outside of Henriques.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Hey dude, does Phillip Wells bat or bowl primarily these days?
Bowl.

Genius one day bowler, great at the death. And a very handy no. 7 or 8 batsman. Pretty stiff to miss out, one might say...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
vic_orthdox said:
Bowl.

Genius one day bowler, great at the death. And a very handy no. 7 or 8 batsman. Pretty stiff to miss out, one might say...
He was a good bowler in the years I played junior cricket against him, but he was much more of a batsman. He was a great #4 for his side.

He must've improved his bowling out of sight. Although, he always had a good yorker :@

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Slightly off topic, Sky Sports in the UK is showing the Semi Finals and Final of the U19 WC.

If that's not an incentive, I don't know what is.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Didn't they show the some of the group games in 2004 as well. I have fond memories of waking up by puking everywhere one morning at 5AM only to conveniently find that India v Scotland was on. Robin Uthappa, Shikhar Dhawan and Suresh Raina all got runs IRC. And all three of those are round about the national spotlight.

Anyone else reckon it's time for an U19 WC sticky thread yet?

brockley

International Captain
Vic what do you think about the possible line up with the first one dayer,i guess being in srilanka we will need 2/3 spinners good for you :D .
You got s africa and west indies in your group you reckon you will beat these and qualify for the semis.What teams will we need to look out for i know india and bangladesh are pretty strong,in fact it wouldn't surprise me if bangladesh made the final.
Anyway good luck with preperations jack.