• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funiest thing happened on the weekend

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
On the weekend when i was playing cricket i was in at bat and hitting them pretty well.....
anyway i was on 38 when the opposition brought on thier spinner... a right arm offie...
the 2nd ball of his spell i read the flight beautifully and came down the wicket and lofted him back over his head :D.. it felt brilliant off the bat but the further it went it looked like being short :O and going straight down long offs throat..
All i could do was hope that the fielder who was a girl(no discrimination)filling in from the womens team would cough it up......

She was positioned perfectly and i began to turn and walk off but the ball struck her flush in the middle of the forehead......it KO her and to add to that the ball went for six...... she was out cold for a couple of minutes......but came back after and hours rest........

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
OUCH!! That woulda been a pretty good falcon though.

[Edited on 12/18/01 by Lach]

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
did the big noise echo?? it did when some guy from my team in practise got hit and u could here this big thump echo through the park :)

G

When I was playing once there was a **** (no offence) watching the football on the other pitch next to the cricket field. Anyway a medium pace trundler toddled up, bowled it straight and I clubbed him back over his head. The **** was stood there making a right noise at his football team when the ball smacked him right on the arse! Good job it didn't hit his head, it could have hurt! Well I can safely say it shut the **** up!

lehmannforozcaptain

Cricket Spectator
Once i was coming back from some crap form with the willow so i decided after i got out defending the week before that i would go the tonk the next game. After a week of steady slogging in the nets I arrived at crease with our team dominating the match to go for it. Then, first ball, I totally connceted with a sort of charge/slog cover drive to a ball the was pitched about a foot outside off stump. It flew towards the boundary it was going to be six but then a female who was sub-fielding grabbed it above her head. Great catch. Since that moment i have discovered the valuable art of getting your eye in and looking for gaps

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
wow mean stories... okay the only incident i had was when this fat ( no offence ) guy slow right arm was bowling he was the slowest of the slowest and i didnt wanna smash him , because most of the time when i try to do that to a slow bowler i misjudge everything well anyway he bowled a straight one , i changed my position like macmillan does turned the bat face up and lobbed it over my head , the wicketkeeper wasnt ready for this , because he didnt knw it would come that way, and it him plum in the place between the legs , ouch i feel sorry for that guy

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I was playing in this game and we were murdered, I got 18 at number 8 out of a total of 76 or sommit, the number 11 got 19 not out, well I was fielding and chased the ball down to the boundary down the hill and dived forwards and flicked the ball behind me before it crossed the rope...but I ended up rolling over and over and crashed into the pavillion, ran back and threw the ball to the keeper and saved a run. Then the batting side's captain came over to me and said "Don't you understand, when the ball comes down here you let it go for 4" and I replied "Well when your team's only got 70 odd and you have scored nearly a quarter of them and its your best score of the season, you aint gonna let your runs go to waste are you?" Well anyway they won by 5 wickets, I took a catch one handed trying to dive out the way and got a wicket from my topspinner which ended up as a hip-high full toss on leg stump...which was then slogged straight to the guy on the boundary...I was man of the match, it was just one of those days... :saint::lol:

Kimbo

International Debutant
When I was twelve, 32kg and all of 4"10 I was playing one of my first games in womens cricket. I came out to bat and this woman (who seemed to think she was a man incidentally) came in close for my first couple of balls. I thought I would teach her a lesson (since she was the most hated player in our grade) first ball I smashed it as hard as I could at her, got her straight on the nungas... she tryed to hide her pain and stayed in close, second ball I hit it even harder, got her on the nungas again. She gingerly moved out to cover as me and my partner (and half of her own team) smirked...:lol::baddevil:

Kimbo

International Debutant
When I was at a tournament in Palmerston North we were staying at the boarding school. I got up in the night to go toilet and when I returned to the room where we were sleepin (all in one room) I forgot there was a door. Anyway I was freezing so I was running to get back to my sleeping bag and ran straight into the door and whacked my head, it was really really loud... i was so glad no-one woke up... surprised though.
The next day everyone wanted to know about why my forehead was purple though:frog:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
:P :P i never stopped to think what it meant when i was reading it :P cause i knew it already :D but for the users who are non kiwi , what do they ?
A:frog: nope , My dear :ninja::karate: certainly not , a crazy :alien8: nope a :bird: eating bluebird chips nope hmm what is it kim ?:P :D :lol:

Kimbo

International Debutant
a funny thing happened today. one of our players was fielding at long on, and she is, well... vertically challenged shall i say. the batsman hit the ball in the air to long on, the fielder came in to catch it but realised she woudn't make it and let it bounce about 2 and a half metres in front of her, it bounces over her and went for four... it was so funny!... yet kind of annoying

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Nugas? I suppose it's a more subtle word...but then most guys are not subtle :rolleyes: