Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strength of First Class Competitions

Cricket Spectator

Strength of First Class Competitions

This is how I rate the the strength of the worl'd s first class competitions: (from strongest to weakest)

1) Australia
    2) South Africa
    3) India
    4) pakistan
    5) England
    6) West Indies
    7) Sri Lanka
    8) New Zealand
    9) bangladesh
    10) Zimbabwe

I have actually been to and seen first class matches in each of these countries (with the exception of Zimbabwe) over the last 5 years so I have some idea of what I'm talking about...

What do you think ???

You may all respond,
    Later,

Jabijaba

1) Australia
    2) India
    3) England
    4) South Africa
    5) Sri Lanka
    6) New Zealand
    7) West Indies
    8) Pakistan
    9) Bangladesh
    10) Zimbabwe
    Stedders' Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, *SPD Smith, Shakib Al Hasan, C de Grandhomme, +AT Carey, PJ Cummins, Rashid Khan, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by James90
    1) Australia
    2) India
    3) England
    4) South Africa
    5) Sri Lanka
    6) New Zealand
    7) West Indies
    8) Pakistan
    9) Bangladesh
    10) Zimbabwe

fair enough --- I rated South Africa's domestic comp higher than England because I felt there was a greater level of fitness and intensity.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/revie...ry/230407.html

In this article it's talking about how Sri Lanka's domestic competitions seem to be on the slide.

If you have seen them all could you give us the strengths and weaknesses of the individual domestic competitions?

International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Australia's first class comp isn't as good these days as it used to be in the 80's and 90's.

I think Pakistan's is one of the berst because the standard of genuine fast bowling in our country is higher than anywhere else in the world.
    Our A team also beat Australia A pretty convincingly recently and our u-19 team is the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin
    Australia's first class comp isn't as good these days as it used to be in the 80's and 90's.

I think Pakistan's is one of the berst because the standard of genuine fast bowling in our country is higher than anywhere else in the world.
    So how is it that people like Mohammad Khalil and Mohammad Asif get to play test cricket?

Quote Originally Posted by James90
    So how is it that people like Mohammad Khalil and Mohammad Asif get to play test cricket?

How does Saggers get to play for England or Watson/Bracken for Australia ?
    There are always exceptions to every rule.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamuddin
    Our A team also beat Australia A pretty convincingly recently and our u-19 team is the best in the world.
    I thought Bangladesh had the best U19 team
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    I thought Bangladesh had the best U19 team

Pakistan are the u-19 world champions and Bangladesh have only managed to beat England and Sri lanka of late. England has a pretty poor youth program so beating them is not much of an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabijaba
    fair enough --- I rated South Africa's domestic comp higher than England because I felt there was a greater level of fitness and intensity.
    Nah mate i dont think thats the case at all, England should definately be 2nd IMO...

Mohammad Asif is improving a lot after seeing his recent performances in the england tour.

Saggers was an okay bowler he just lacked pace which isn't susprising considering how late in his career he was picked.

Swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Nah mate i dont think thats the case at all, England should definately be 2nd IMO...
    I think the english game is let down by the presence of several poor quality teams at the moment.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    England have I think the most overrated domestic setup in the world for the follwing reasons:
    1) There is a 'sameness' in the pitches....unlike some other countries.
    2) Too much reliance is placed on foreign imports rather than home gorwn talent.
    3) There is poor coordination between the counties to ensure that a positive, attacking style of cricket is played --- other countries have first class conclaves where consistency in coaching methods/playing styles is pursued towrads the end of producinbg stronger domestic competetion and a more competetive national team.
    In England it seems to be a general case of every county for itself and balls to England.
    4) I felt several county teams were lacking in general fitness - the fielding stanadard were poor and the levels of athleticism displayed could have been muich better.
    5) Country matches are seen as carnival affairs - they lack the fire, the intensity and the passion atht I've seen say in Pura Cup or Duleep trophy games.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabijaba
    England have I think the most overrated domestic setup in the world for the follwing reasons:
    1) There is a 'sameness' in the pitches....unlike some other countries.
    2) Too much reliance is placed on foreign imports rather than home gorwn talent.
    3) There is poor coordination between the counties to ensure that a positive, attacking style of cricket is played --- other countries have first class conclaves where consistency in coaching methods/playing styles is pursued towrads the end of producinbg stronger domestic competetion and a more competetive national team.
    In England it seems to be a general case of every county for itself and balls to England.
    4) I felt several county teams were lacking in general fitness - the fielding stanadard were poor and the levels of athleticism displayed could have been muich better.
    5) Country matches are seen as carnival affairs - they lack the fire, the intensity and the passion atht I've seen say in Pura Cup or Duleep trophy games.

Also I should add that I think they have too many first class teams which I think India also suffer with in the Ranji trophy but a least the Indians make up for to some extent with the Duleep trophy.
    Also, I think 20-20 cricket is a waste of time - unless its going to become a permananet part of internataional cricket and not just a novelty thing, why bother with it and attach as much importance to it as the English do ?

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    20/20 cricket brings in money.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information