• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket you read regularly

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Apart from CW forums what do you read regularly on the game?

It could be the cricket section of a newspaper, a cricket columnist or a magazine or a blog or whatever.

I am catching cricinfo mostly and am not finding time to read more stuff.

I did find the Ranji Trophy coverage in Hindustan Times good today while I read it. They devoted a full page to it.

I try to read columns of Peter Roebuck, the cricket section of Telegraph UK and SMH.

Among blogs I have not been able to catch any thing for ages..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cricinfo, BBC, Guardian, Telegraph.

Also have HowSTAT! & CricketArchive saved in my favourites, although they're more stats orientated.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
We get a copy of The Times everyday at school, and thats pretty good for domestic cricket but doesn't do overseas Test reports bar Australia, which is always out of date when you read it anyway. Otherwise I use cricinfo, Cricket Archive, sometimes bbc and a daily dose of the unreliable in cricBD

adharcric

International Coach
Cricinfo (international, ranji, etc ... good stuff), TimesofIndia (to learn about the latest ******** gossip in India)

Deja moo

International Captain
TOI, cricinfo.

I wish they had a Mumbai edition of The Hindu. They have the best cricket coverage and writing of all rags in the country.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
You should all be saying CricketWeb (non-forum section, that is)! :)

Other than CW, CricInfo, The Age newspaper, HowStat, CricketArchive...and some stats related blogs.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo, CW, smh.com.au, and cricket.com.au for domestic stuff

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
Deja moo said:
I wish they had a Mumbai edition of The Hindu. They have the best cricket coverage and writing of all rags in the country.
They used to have the best coverage about 5-8 years back. But now it's pretty poor.

archie mac

International Coach
I must admit I rely on this forum and the front page for 90% of my current info. As I read a lot of cricket books I am usually 12 months behind :wacko:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Deja moo said:
Well there is the online edition of course.

The sportstar magazine from Hindu (www.tssonnet.com) is also an good publication for cricket but I dont read it as much I did in the past.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
TOI, cricinfo.

They already have. All The Hindu Regular (Vijay Lokpally, Rohit Brijnath, S Dinakar, Nirmal Shekhar, Raju Bhartan, Bobby Simpson) write for Sportstar, it is available online on - www.sportstaronnet.com

Sudeep

International Captain
Used to read Guardian, but it's been only Cricinfo and BBC lately (apart from CW, obviously).