• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

YIKE!!!!! The black uniforms return!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year

YIKE!!!

Oh well, the navy uniforms return. One can't imagine those awful uniforms returning, just when we have got used to seeing the Indian team in the sky blue outfits with the yellow/black patches. Come to think of it, they played their worst ODI cricket in those uniforms! Did they have to do this? I definitely encourage some variety in the uniforms, but this is going too far.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I remember the pathetic world cup 1992 for India and that disastrous 5-2 loss in South Africa.

Any pictures?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
I remember the pathetic world cup 1992 for India and that disastrous 5-2 loss in South Africa.

Any pictures?
There's one more picture of Niranjan Shah, Lalit Modi and Kiran More posing with these awful T-shirts. And now we have NIKE ticks on them!

Also add that disastrous four-team tournament in New Zealand in 1994, and an average ODI series a year before. Those uniforms may be nothing but bad luck. Hopefully they'll change kits as frequently as PAK or SL.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thanks for the picture. That uniform looks bad.

I really liked the earlier on.

Also a uniform India wore in 1997 in the tri series in South Africa also featuring Zimbabwe was one I really liked. That may well be my favourite Indian uniform.

So India is no longer 'men in blue'. :lol:

masterblaster

International Captain
I honestly hated the current Indian Shirt. I love the 'Sky Blue' colour, but I HATED, HATED this current shirt.

This new one looks 'modern' at least and personally I like the colour, and I'm not one for superstition. After all, the Indian team has been a beacon of ODI mediocrity under the sky blue as well. The new shirt looks far more 'sleek', 'modern' and more 'professional', something like the Black Caps shirt or the English shirt.

It's time to evolve, I say....well done.

Deja moo

International Captain
Strangely enough, todays TOI carries a photograph of Pawar posing with a Sahara guy displaying a jersey very similar to the current electric blue one (it wasnt sky blue)...So I really do not understand where this ugly one comes from. Perhaps its a home and away sort of thing now ? Obviously Sahara want their pound of flesh for bagging the sponsorship at thrice the rate it went for last time...the gaudy logo is more prominent on the dark background. I know one airline/bank that isnt going to get their hands on my money ( not that things are different now :p )

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
Strangely enough, todays TOI carries a photograph of Pawar posing with a Sahara guy displaying a jersey very similar to the current electric blue one (it wasnt sky blue)...So I really do not understand where this ugly one comes from. Perhaps its a home and away sort of thing now ? Obviously Sahara want their pound of flesh for bagging the sponsorship at thrice the rate it went for last time...the gaudy logo is more prominent on the dark background. I know one airline/bank that isnt going to get their hands on my money ( not that things are different now :p )
This came on the CricInfo India front page. There's one more, and both were taken by Getty. I saw that image only recently. I couldn't find the picture you mentioned in today's TOI (or Indiatimes.com?), but that's an interesting observation. Anyway, you can also count out watching one TV channel, whose programming, as many say, is awful.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Actually I don't mind it as much as the sky blue kit, but won't the players be cooked alive in it in India?

masterblaster

International Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
Actually I don't mind it as much as the sky blue kit, but won't the players be cooked alive in it in India?
Yeah me too mate, I actually don't mind it at all, it's a nice change. But yeah, I can't imagine how hot they'd feel if they're playing in India. I think it'll be the electric blue kit for India, and perhaps the navy blue one when they go to some place cooler, (although the kits would clash a little if they went to NZ).

Deja moo

International Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
Depends on the material. For example, the kiwis use a material that keeps them cool in the heat and warm in the cold, despite the colour.

Deja moo

International Captain
Arjun said:
This came on the CricInfo India front page. There's one more, and both were taken by Getty. I saw that image only recently. I couldn't find the picture you mentioned in today's TOI (or Indiatimes.com?), but that's an interesting observation. Anyway, you can also count out watching one TV channel, whose programming, as many say, is awful.
I checked now. It was actually in yesterdays Mumbai Mirror supplement, page 27. Didnt seem any different to the current one. But who can predict the thought processes of the guys running our cricket ?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
It looks like a soccer shirt.
IMO most soccer shirts look better than the ODI shirts anyway. Just look at the Pakistan kit...

Forgetting the self-barbequing factor, it looks far better than the current shirt, which looks
a) As if a three year old has put the stripes on
which b) Reflects the organisation of the team, it doesn't look very professional

Out of interest what do the India soccer/hockey shirts look like?

Deja moo

International Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
IMO most soccer shirts look better than the ODI shirts anyway. Just look at the Pakistan kit...

Forgetting the self-barbequing factor, it looks far better than the current shirt, which looks
which b) Reflects the organisation of the team, it doesn't look very professional

Out of interest what do the India soccer/hockey shirts look like?
The hockey team is sponsored by Sahara too, and the lazybums make them wear the same jersey as the cricket team :p . Soccer ? Indian soccer ? Does anyone really care ? :p

masterblaster

International Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:

Yeah agree with you there on all counts.