cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YIKE!!!!! The black uniforms return!

YIKE!!!!! The black uniforms return!

YIKE!!!

Oh well, the navy uniforms return. One can't imagine those awful uniforms returning, just when we have got used to seeing the Indian team in the sky blue outfits with the yellow/black patches. Come to think of it, they played their worst ODI cricket in those uniforms! Did they have to do this? I definitely encourage some variety in the uniforms, but this is going too far.
    Last edited by Arjun; 23-12-2005 at 06:20 AM.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    I remember the pathetic world cup 1992 for India and that disastrous 5-2 loss in South Africa.

Any pictures?

Looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    I remember the pathetic world cup 1992 for India and that disastrous 5-2 loss in South Africa.

Any pictures?
    There's one more picture of Niranjan Shah, Lalit Modi and Kiran More posing with these awful T-shirts. And now we have NIKE ticks on them!

Also add that disastrous four-team tournament in New Zealand in 1994, and an average ODI series a year before. Those uniforms may be nothing but bad luck. Hopefully they'll change kits as frequently as PAK or SL.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Thanks for the picture. That uniform looks bad.

I really liked the earlier on.

Also a uniform India wore in 1997 in the tri series in South Africa also featuring Zimbabwe was one I really liked. That may well be my favourite Indian uniform.

So India is no longer 'men in blue'.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    I honestly hated the current Indian Shirt. I love the 'Sky Blue' colour, but I HATED, HATED this current shirt.

This new one looks 'modern' at least and personally I like the colour, and I'm not one for superstition. After all, the Indian team has been a beacon of ODI mediocrity under the sky blue as well. The new shirt looks far more 'sleek', 'modern' and more 'professional', something like the Black Caps shirt or the English shirt.

It's time to evolve, I say....well done.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Strangely enough, todays TOI carries a photograph of Pawar posing with a Sahara guy displaying a jersey very similar to the current electric blue one (it wasnt sky blue)...So I really do not understand where this ugly one comes from. Perhaps its a home and away sort of thing now ? Obviously Sahara want their pound of flesh for bagging the sponsorship at thrice the rate it went for last time...the gaudy logo is more prominent on the dark background. I know one airline/bank that isnt going to get their hands on my money ( not that things are different now )
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    Strangely enough, todays TOI carries a photograph of Pawar posing with a Sahara guy displaying a jersey very similar to the current electric blue one (it wasnt sky blue)...So I really do not understand where this ugly one comes from. Perhaps its a home and away sort of thing now ? Obviously Sahara want their pound of flesh for bagging the sponsorship at thrice the rate it went for last time...the gaudy logo is more prominent on the dark background. I know one airline/bank that isnt going to get their hands on my money ( not that things are different now )
    This came on the CricInfo India front page. There's one more, and both were taken by Getty. I saw that image only recently. I couldn't find the picture you mentioned in today's TOI (or Indiatimes.com?), but that's an interesting observation. Anyway, you can also count out watching one TV channel, whose programming, as many say, is awful.

Bring back the sky blue (or electric, whatever), that new one looks rubbish.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Actually I don't mind it as much as the sky blue kit, but won't the players be cooked alive in it in India?

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo
    Actually I don't mind it as much as the sky blue kit, but won't the players be cooked alive in it in India?
    Yeah me too mate, I actually don't mind it at all, it's a nice change. But yeah, I can't imagine how hot they'd feel if they're playing in India. I think it'll be the electric blue kit for India, and perhaps the navy blue one when they go to some place cooler, (although the kits would clash a little if they went to NZ).

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo
    Depends on the material. For example, the kiwis use a material that keeps them cool in the heat and warm in the cold, despite the colour.

It looks like a soccer shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    This came on the CricInfo India front page. There's one more, and both were taken by Getty. I saw that image only recently. I couldn't find the picture you mentioned in today's TOI (or Indiatimes.com?), but that's an interesting observation. Anyway, you can also count out watching one TV channel, whose programming, as many say, is awful.
    I checked now. It was actually in yesterdays Mumbai Mirror supplement, page 27. Didnt seem any different to the current one. But who can predict the thought processes of the guys running our cricket ?

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    Depends on the material.
    Should make them out of cotton instead of polyester.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information