• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

YIKE!!!!! The black uniforms return!

thierry henry

International Coach
Arjun said:
It looks like a downmarket version of the Kiwis' uniform, with SAHARA and the YIKE tick screaming out loud.
yeah, but the current "sky blue" shirt is a lot worse. Has always looked pretty cheap and amateurish to me. This new one looks much better imo.

Blaze

Banned
thierry henry said:
yeah, but the current "sky blue" shirt is a lot worse. Has always looked pretty cheap and amateurish to me. This new one looks much better imo.

The old one just looks gay tbh.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
thierry henry said:
That sky blue T-shirt looks like kid stuff (Parthiv Patel? Ajit Agarkar?) and lacks the cutting-edge you would associate with a top team. But anyone can guess what message an all-black uniform (without any pattern) can convey.

The designers should try harder.

Deja moo

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Looks very nice, better than the sick new English toothpaste style ODI kit anyway..
Thats what I thought 'bout the English kit too. Looks okay in English conditions, but with the glare bouncing off the bright colours under the subcontinental sun... :blink:
The England-Pakistan ODI series had more of a carnival like look to it :p

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
I was talking about the dark green one. You were the one that brought up the Pakistani shirt looking like a soccer shirt, and then said soccer shirts look better than the cricket shirts. Now you're saying you don't like the Pakistani kit. You totally confused me there. :p

This one isn't as good, but isn't that bad. Doesn't look like a soccer jersey either. I think I misunderstood you, were you saying the Pakistani kit did look, or didn't look like a soccer jersey?
No, I said that football shirts in general look better than cricket shirts, but not that the Pakistan kit looked like a football shirt. I liked the old Pakistan kit (the WC 2003 one) but hate the current one. I don't like all football shirts, but I do think the styles are in general far more simple and easier on the eye than cricket shirts. I suppose it's unfair to compare the two though, after all, cricket is intended to be played in whites rather than colours, and the need to distinguish between the two teams is far more important.

Bit off-topic, but Pakistan could have a really, really cool looking kit if they stuck to the dark green with a white trim.

Unfortunately for the Indians, their flag (which most international teams take their colours from) is hardly suited for sports kits (white, green, orange).

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's my attempt at designing a shirt for ODI's. The navy and sky shades are switched in one to get the other. It looks a lot less childish (or mournful) and has that cutting edge I want in the design.

Attachments

Sudeep

International Captain
Not bad, not bad at all. Although, there's excessive yellow, which I'd like to be there lesser. Maybe the collars not be yellow? Or the width of the yellow blocks/strips be less?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sudeep said:
Not bad, not bad at all. Although, there's excessive yellow, which I'd like to be there lesser. Maybe the collars not be yellow? Or the width of the yellow blocks/strips be less?
Agree with Sudeep.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What-A-Player said:
Likewise, Green is Ogrish..however their 1999 Kit was class. Mainly coz of the arabic word in between
The yellow looked like a garland of shoes. :D (It was actually the outer portion of the India emblem if you look closely)

infiniti

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's not bad, although not better than the current sky blue uniform. I think we'll start liking it once we start seeing them play in this uniform. Will definately look good on indian players with a lighter complexion.
I for one wanted them to stick to the sky blue uniform as I am a proud owner of a shirt and a sweater which were actually worn by Rahul Dravid. :)

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
The best uniforms were found in the 1992 WC in Aus and NZ.

Pakistan was highlighter bright green
NZ was a classy grey (I prefer the grey than the current black uniform)
And of course Aus in their canary yellow

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
Are India's national colours sky blue though ?

Dhyan Chand and his lads wre the first Indian sporting team to sport the sky blue when they beat Germany 8-1 to win the Hockey gold medal in 1936.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
meatspx said:
The best uniforms were found in the 1992 WC in Aus and NZ.

Anyone know if they sell those jerseys anymore? They were great, I'd get any country pretty much.