• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

YIKE!!!!! The black uniforms return!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Deja moo said:
The hockey team is sponsored by Sahara too, and the lazybums make them wear the same jersey as the cricket team :p . Soccer ? Indian soccer ? Does anyone really care ? :p
spot on. :)

BTW, I think these new colors look better than the old ones. I wouldn't mind if it was a home and away deal either.

Deja moo

International Captain
You know what this means though, dont you ? An India-NZ ODI is going to look like the ultimate statement against test cricket.. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol... Will they change the helmets as well? Some of the guys like DRavid, Yuvraj etc. wear a lighter shade of blue coloured helmet? I would assume they would want the helmet to match the dress.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jungle Jumbo said:
IMO most soccer shirts look better than the ODI shirts anyway. Just look at the Pakistan kit...
Yes but we're not playing soccer. That being said, the Pakistani kit is my favourite out of all ODI nations, though I never thought it looked like a soccer shirt. When I see the Pakistani shirt, I think of a cricket team. When I see this navy blue shirt, I think of a Sierra A team (the nike tick probably has something to do with that too).

Next step of course is to start making them tight like spandex and recruit Totti to India. ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
Yes but we're not playing soccer. That being said, the Pakistani kit is my favourite out of all ODI nations, though I never thought it looked like a soccer shirt. When I see the Pakistani shirt, I think of a cricket team. When I see this navy blue shirt, I think of a Sierra A team (the nike tick probably has something to do with that too).

Next step of course is to start making them tight like spandex and recruit Totti to India. ;)
Wasn't it Vieri who was said to be crazy about cricket when he was young and would have never taken up football had he been upto the international standards in cricket?

Deja moo

International Captain
Are you talking about the old dark green ones Pakistan wore before the current one ? That was pure class.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Deja moo said:
Are you talking about the old dark green ones Pakistan wore before the current one ? That was pure class.
Yes that one was brilliant. I'll try and find a picture.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Then there were those T-shirts from the Welcomgroup era, as well as those with the yellow BCCI logo on a sky blue background. Those were good. Still, they can have two kit combinations, like Pakistan- one predominantly navy with patches of sky, and the other, an inverse. But not all navy, or all sky, and the stripes, if they should be brought back, should be sleeker, and more knife-like in appearance.

Josh

International Regular
I think this strip is boring and unimaginative.

Do they have an away jersey?? :p

Sudeep

International Captain
It's not bad. I'd just want INDIA to be written somewhere, especially if there's gonna be such a huge propagation of SAHARA.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:

I can't possibly see how anyone in their right mind can like a lime green sports kit, but then again everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Deja moo said:
Yeh agreed there though, dark green does look pretty stylish.

Sudeep said:
It's not bad. I'd just want INDIA to be written somewhere, especially if there's gonna be such a huge propagation of SAHARA.
It makes it look like the Indian team occupies a large area of Northern Africa better known for being overpopulated with silicon dioxide and camels.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Barney Rubble said:
I actually think this shirt looks really smart. Can't see what's wrong with it.
It looks like a downmarket version of the Kiwis' uniform, with SAHARA and the YIKE tick screaming out loud.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jungle Jumbo said:
I can't possibly see how anyone in their right mind can like a lime green sports kit, but then again everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Yeh agreed there though, dark green does look pretty stylish.
I was talking about the dark green one. You were the one that brought up the Pakistani shirt looking like a soccer shirt, and then said soccer shirts look better than the cricket shirts. Now you're saying you don't like the Pakistani kit. You totally confused me there. :p

That's the one I'm a fan of, and it doesn't look like a soccer shirt at all IMO.

This one isn't as good, but isn't that bad. Doesn't look like a soccer jersey either. I think I misunderstood you, were you saying the Pakistani kit did look, or didn't look like a soccer jersey?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:

Its Serie A :p

And yes it looks a lot like a football jersey some how.

I like the fact that Nike has merchandising rights for the next 5 years though.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
The new India kit is not bad and neither was their old one......but the real thing that surprised me today was that the BCCI is the RICHEST cricket board.......i always thought it was Australia or England!

masterblaster

International Captain
Arjun said:
It looks like a downmarket version of the Kiwis' uniform, with SAHARA and the YIKE tick screaming out loud.
The Sahara emblem is terrible, as always, but the tick looks good to me. It's nice and discreet and professional.

dinu23

International Debutant
the uniforms dont look bad, specially if they will contribute to the downfall of the Indian team. :D

What-A-Player

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jungle Jumbo said:
I can't possibly see how anyone in their right mind can like a lime green sports kit, but then again everyone's entitled to their own opinion. .

Likewise, Green is Ogrish..however their 1999 Kit was class. Mainly coz of the arabic word in between

Althought this new Indian Kit looks horrible, but I dont see how color reflects form and play (as suggested by someone earlier)

To be honest, English ODI kit is the best