• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Willis -Cricket brain or attention seeking fool?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Run like Inzy said:
It has to be said most of the commentators in world cricket these days absolutely suck. They just state the obvious and don't really make the game anymore interesting. Its better off watching the game on mute in most games. My most hated commentors are: 1. Aamir Sohail 2.Navjot Sidhu (Doesnt commentate anymore i guess) 3. Waqar Younis 4. Ian Botham 5. David Lloyd
Willis to be honest is not that bad in terms of controversial or stupid remarks but is just plain boring.
I'm a big Bumble fan. Willis' makes stupid remarks whenever he opens his mouth.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Run like Inzy said:
It has to be said most of the commentators in world cricket these days absolutely suck. They just state the obvious and don't really make the game anymore interesting. Its better off watching the game on mute in most games. My most hated commentors are: 1. Aamir Sohail 2.Navjot Sidhu (Doesnt commentate anymore i guess) 3. Waqar Younis 4. Ian Botham 5. David Lloyd
Willis to be honest is not that bad in terms of controversial or stupid remarks but is just plain boring.
How on Earth can anyone hate David Lloyd? He's such a champ. The way he embraces the culture of any place he tours is admirable. I still remember him discussing the donkeys he saw in Pakistan, and whenever he talks about how he'd like some of the food they're selling late in the day. Sanjay Mandrekar always has to correct him about what the food really is. :lol:

Added to that he doesn't often speak crap, and when he expresses his opinion of what he thinks about a certain tactic or decision in the game, he doesn't say it like its gospel.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Willis is good. Picture this, on a saturday afternoon with rain around and you have nothing to do, wanna sleep but cannot because you only woke up at 11 AM... All you need to do is turn on the TV, watch England play someone and Willis gets on and "Good morning and welcome......."zzzzzzz .... You doze off. :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
What I hate is that there are thousands of more talented/interesting commentators/pundits who would do anything to sit in Willis's place

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The filter didn't pick up those specific four letters had to be removed from mass filter, or else we couldn't talk about the Sri Lankan seam bowler MKGCP Lak****ha. So now it just picks up the four letters on their own.

The solution? Don't use them at all!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jono said:
How on Earth can anyone hate David Lloyd? He's such a champ. The way he embraces the culture of any place he tours is admirable. I still remember him discussing the donkeys he saw in Pakistan, and whenever he talks about how he'd like some of the food they're selling late in the day. Sanjay Mandrekar always has to correct him about what the food really is. :lol:

Added to that he doesn't often speak crap, and when he expresses his opinion of what he thinks about a certain tactic or decision in the game, he doesn't say it like its gospel.
And he has a good accent, and is also highly excitable. Love 'im ter bits.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Neil Pickup said:
The filter didn't pick up those specific four letters had to be removed from mass filter, or else we couldn't talk about the Sri Lankan seam bowler MKGCP Lak****ha. So now it just picks up the four letters on their own.

The solution? Don't use them at all!
What about S****horpe?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Jono said:

Couldnt have put it better myself! he adds a bit of humour to commentary which is always good. Not to forget he is also an ex-Professional Umpire and ex-England Coach which gives him more credibility than just been an ex-player. He works best with good cricketing commentators i think, they can get down to talking about the cricket and david can go off on one. Perfect combo!

open365

International Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Yes, but Bob got one thing right - Rikki Clarke is the future of English cricket.
:p :p :p

TBH,i don't mind Willis as much as other people seem to,i like the way he's not afraid to say something intresting or different but he goes over the top and a lot of the time he's just plain wrong.