• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bring back Lara as Windies captain?I

open365

International Vice-Captain
^twice i think he said.

I don't really see the point in continuing to ignore Lara for Chanderpaul,though i've got the feeling my mum could captain the Windies and they'd still be just as bad.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
open365 said:
^twice i think he said.

I don't really see the point in continuing to ignore Lara for Chanderpaul,though i've got the feeling my mum could captain the Windies and they'd still be just as bad.
Is she any relation to Geoff Boycott's mum?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd say Lara would be a backward step, but Chanders seems a little out of his depth as captain. I like him a heck of a lot as a player, but he strikes me as one of nature’s lieutenants. Not a natural leader of men. Until all the sponsorship brouhaha Sarwan was clearly the anointed one. I think he's the man for the future.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Ramdin is the future Windies captain IMO
It's a big ask mentally to be a wicketkeeper-batsman and captain...I think Sarwan should be the captain.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I agree about Sarwan being captain and I also feel Ramdin should take over from him when Sarwan retires.