Page 1 of 498 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** England in India

***Official*** England in India

Well this series is a fair bit away but it should be very exciting neverthless.

Predictions and test XIs?

India has test vs Pakistan in between.

I think England will beat India purely on the basis they will have their full strength team back and i think that team will be stronger than India's.
    RIP BOB WOOLMER

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    I'm having a vision....

Vaughan overbowls Freddy in the first innings,rendering him useless with the bat as India run up a massive total.Fletch keeps his blind faith in Udal who bowls less overs than Bell. Harmison keeps his 'bowl like Hoggard atitude' and fails miserably. Giles is England's best bowler,but still returns home with an average of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by no1_gangsta_786
    I think England will beat India purely on the basis they will have their full strength team back and i think that team will be stronger than India's.
    How do you know they will have their full strength team ? It is a while away and anything can happen with injuries. India's batting lineup is far superior than the English one.
    Aussies to win back the Ashes in '07

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgo7
    How do you know they will have their full strength team ? It is a while away and anything can happen with injuries. India's batting lineup is far superior than the English one.
    Ok if England have their full strength team!

All will go well if England get Simon Jones back to his Ashes form... and the batting sorts itself. Looks like Bell is going to be a decent enough #4 on the back of the Pakistan tour, but people like Vaughan, Strauss and Flintoff need to be counted with the bat.

England won't start as favs I dont think but definitely have a good chance, but Jones is the key IMO. The bowling attack can look woeful without him, especially with an old ball and the swing of Hoggard has worn off.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Starting XI for England:

Trescothick
    Strauss
    Vaughan*
    Bell
    Pietersen
    Flintoff
    G Jones+
    Giles
    Hoggard
    Harmison
    S Jones

With the other five names in the tour party being Cook, Collingwood, Prior, Blackwell, Plunkett and Tremlett.

Quote Originally Posted by no1_gangsta_786
    When it comes to full-strength teams, India and Pakistan are on top, with only Australia higher. These two teams historically don't play to their potential, but with disciplined team managements in place, now they are doing that. So I'd count India as the favorites even with England having its full-strength team, assuming India itself is at full-strength.

Yuvraj, Kaif and Dravid usually can provide the knockout punch, but if Sehwag and Tendulkar are in form at the time, India looks strong, especially with Dhoni and Pathan late in the order. Pathan is dangerous with the new ball now, but he and his pace mates (RP Singh, VRV Singh, Zaheer Khan, Agarkar?) will be tested against an England lineup which is more adept against pace.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    Pathan is dangerous with the new ball now, but he and his pace mates (RP Singh, VRV Singh, Zaheer Khan, Agarkar?) will be tested against an England lineup which is more adept against pace.
    Likewise an Indian order which is used to taking apart mediocre spinners who are there just because "everyone plays two spinners in India" will instead have to contend with three 90mph+ reverse-swing bowlers. Should be interesting.

India will be favourites due to 5 factors:
    1) Its always tough to challenge India at home
    2) England will be low on confidence after loosing to Pakistan
    3) India will be high on confidence after beating Sri Lanka (also the Indo Pak series may be a factor)
    4) England were unable to contend with spin in Pakistan something which India has a lot of.
    5) After the Indo Pak series India will have plenty of match practive whereas England will have a month and a half without cricket. (However India may suffer from exhaustion due to sheer volume of cricket they have been playing. England may benefit form this a lot)

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Run like Inzy
    2) England will be low on confidence after loosing to Pakistan
    Actually, I think that will work against India. Any complacency/over-confidence that might have been there in the England side after the Ashes would have gone after their loss to Pak.

England in tests is a team which always keeps fighting. The experience in Pakistan will do the players - specially those with little experience of the subcontinent loads of good.

India is a very good team at home. With Pathan developing as a bowler as well as a batsman and Dhoni providing batting lower down the order - even batting collapses higher up the order - like in the 2nd test match vs Lanka can be neutralised.

India has the edge but it should be very interesting according to me.

Prediction

2-0 to India.

PY
    Think this may be a make-or-break tour for Freddie's fitness.

If we continue to run him into the ground then he's going to get seriously injured and it's going to make an already tough tour worse for England. He must be managed properly and if that means playing an extra spinner to take more overs then that might be the way forward.

However, it may mean he has to bowl more overs as there isn't a 4th seam option. Makes things interesting that's for certain.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Personally i think we'll be lucky to come away without a 4-0 whitewash - i'd say that was more likely than a win or draw
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    Personally i think we'll be lucky to come away without a 4-0 whitewash - i'd say that was more likely than a win or draw
    Its a 4 test series?

Page 1 of 498 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information