• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketer you'd most like to be mates with

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
This thread is pretty simple. Basically you choose which international cricketer you'd like to "hit the town" with, or which cricketer you'd think you'd get on best with.

For me it'd have to be Shane Warne. Sure the guy's got his problems but he lives it up big time and is just a guy having fun. I reckon going out with him would be awesome. He'd know all the good places to go, wouldn't be arrogant, would talk about cricket as much as you wanted, and just in general be a no strings attached mate.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd have a top three - Shane Warne, Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara. Simply because they are all legends. Imagine the backyard cricket games :laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Thought I'd run through the Aus side, surely I could find one who I could find worth heading out with...

Hayden: Too big, make me feel all midgety
Langer: I'd be scared of saying the wrong thing, black belt and all... :ph34r:
Ponting: Too good at everything. Wipe me off the table at pool, golf, footy, anything...
Hodge: Weird voice, doesn't talk much. Not much value there.
Hussey: Too intelligent.
Symonds: Too drunk.
Gilchrist: Couldn't talk about him to someone else, he could hear me if I were in a 100m radius...
Warne: Wouldn't talk to me all night, seeing I'm not female...
Lee: Would try and play guitar...
Bracken: Too much hair.
McGrath: Old man colouring his hair = middle aged crises. And I never enjoyed the company of drama teachers.

Therefore, it'd have to be... Fred Flintoff. :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well i would say i'm kinda mates with Flintoff because he talks to all of us whenever he's at Old trafford, very cool their is nothing u cant ask he behaves just like a kid :cool: . But other than him i wont mind being mates with Lee

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously, Stuart MacGill and Kerry O'Keeffewould be good to hang out with. It'd just be hilarious.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Inspired by your run through of the aussie cricket team jack I'm going to do the same

Hayden: Too much of a weirdo. I reckon he'd be really sensitive and almost like a big girl.
Langer: Same as Hayden. The two would hang out together being all soft
Ponting: Too much of a try hard. He'd constantly be trying to make up for being small and hairy. He'd try to be cool and hang out with Warney and me.
Hodge: Would rate himself to highly. He'd be good for a laugh but when he tried cracking onto chicks but they didn't like him
Hussey: He's cool. I'd let him hang around Warney and me.
Symonds: A bit of an outcast. He'd always be off doing his own thing so we wouldn't see him.
Gilchrist: Would try to be too nice and wouldn't wanna break any rules. Would always abide by every curfew and if you didn't he'd tell you how bad you were.
Lee: Like Hussey he's cool. He could hang with Warney and me.
Warne: What can I say.
Bracken: too much of a tool. I've heard he's a real ******** so I wouldn't like him.
McGrath: Too old and would try and be cool and hang around us. But the chicks wouldn't dig him so he would detract.
McGill: I reckon it'd be great value to get him and Warney together just for kicks. I'd lock Warney in a room with him all afternoon and see what happened.

So there you have it.
I'd hang with the Huss, Bing and definately Warney. Occasionally I'd let McGilla come in when we needed class.

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
Vettori.

My computer needs some fixing, and he looks the sort of guy who'd know how to fix it and write out wonderful programs for me.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boycott and Lawry ....A few drinks and a bit of stirring between these two would be vintage

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ Jack, Slats and Googenheim.

Flintoff is the obvious choice, but I'd love to hang out with Makhaya Ntini. I reckon he'd be great fun. :D