• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shabbir cops 12 months

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hardly perpendicular I'd say, but I've only seen him bowl in the two Ashes tests so I possibly haven't seen enough of him. Looked to me like he has a slingy action delivered from a relatively low trajectory based on those games tho.
Most bowlers don't bowl with a perfectly perpendicular arm. Certainly few of the express bowlers anyway (Ntini is an exception). That's why I said Tait's arm is no less perpendicular than most rather than 'is perpendicular to the ground'.

Either way, your second sentence is right on the money. Definitely not a round-armer but definitely a 'slinger' and bowls from pretty low to the ground especially for one so tall (he's 6'3").

Malinga's release-point;

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is Tait on debut at Trent Bridge. Not so pronounced as Malinga, but you can see how he might be accused of having a round-armed action based on this: