• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite moment of 2005

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jamee999 said:
There's been cricket that wasn't the Ashes?
Yep my feelings exactly.

The Ashes have been so great this year it supercedes every thing else by a BIG margin.

I am not going to go into specific moments of 2005 though as I havent watched a lot of cricket.

I did like a lot from the cricket this year apart from the Ashes -

Building up of Pakistan as a strong team - some thing they always have had potential to become but the consitency was never shown.

Shoaib Akhtar taking steps to finally justify himself.

Windies showing promise to become a strong team in 3-5 years.

India, RSA grouping after low phases in their performance as a team.

There have been several negatives this year too but I am a man of positives. Little use of talking a lot of negative stuff. :)

Josh

International Regular
Michael Hussey hitting the roof and me being there to witness it :D

and Mick Lewis' ODI debut.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Josh said:
Oooh, yes, good choice. Add to that the way he reacted :laughing: Who wouldnt be ****ed off (or as he called it "a little dirty") if they connected that well and it was worth nothing? Loved it, shoulda been worth 8.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Josh said:
That was quite controversial...I loved the Telstra Dome as a cricket ground before that.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'd have to say Lara breaking Border's record and Dwayne Bravo's performance vs Australia. Chris Gayle's double century was good also. Also, the Ashes. That was quite a bit of fun watching Australia get beaten. :)

Deja moo

International Captain
Knowing whos tipsy and posting bull all over the place isnt one of my favourite moments of the year.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Josh said:
Michael Hussey hitting the roof and me being there to witness it
HUH??

Mine would have to be the final morning of the Multan test. I remember thinking before the day started that even if we lose by a small margin, I'd be happy, but kept hoping for a miracle, which is what we got. I remember trying to make my father believe that it actually happened the next morning. :p

Also, Shoaib Akhtar's delivery to Giles that knocked out the middle and leg stump. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. I have picture of it posted on my toolbox at work :D

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Not really a moment but the return of Shoaib Akthar has to be one of the best for every Pakistan fan. (Oh and of course winning both the India series in India and England at home come 2nd and 3rd)