• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most beautiful Cricket Grounds

Langeveldt

Soutie
I know there is a thread on this but I could not find it anywhere!

Having just got back from these two grounds, which are within about half an hour by car of each other, I wondered if others would agree, and if not which grounds beat them?

1. Boland Bank Park, Paarl

2. Newlands, Cape Town

While the brewery spoils the view, the chicks up front more than make up for it..

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm going to have to say the majority of the village cricket grounds that i've played at in my league....
no stands so therefore everything is green with fields all around....

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Yes I've seen that ground in Lynmouth, is it the one thats next to the cliffs? My favourite grounds are:
Himachal Prasad (Dharamshala) in the Himalayas
Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore
and the Azad Maidan in Mumbai (yes it's not even a FC ground but it is spectacular)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yup, fingers crossed Exeter Uni IV will get a trip there at some point - a new place to add to my list of duck venues...

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Does not compare with Hawaii's cricket ground. Perfect weather year round, mountains on one side, clear water on teh other...cruise ships pass by every little bit. Never hot. Ill try to find a pic.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I made my Voltman debut at Queenstown - stunning ground.

The University Oval in Dunedin is also very nice.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I don't think any ground in the world can beat John Davies Oval (Queenstown).

The Basin Reserve comes close for me as its one of the few true cricket grounds around the world these days.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
It's good that no-one's mentioned Adelaide yet as personally I don't think it's a cricket ground at all. Perth is my favourite ground in Australia.