• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Ponting own the game of cricket??

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe what Ponting gets away with these days.
I've never known a captain who constantly moans like Ponting when absolutely everything doesn't go his way. Whether its when the sub fielder ran him out in England, when he got no-balled in the ODI against NZ for having only 2 men inside the circle or tonight when the umpires decided on badlight. Everytime he spits the dummy big time. And more often than not, its when HE'S made a mistake that he throws his toys out of the cot and blames everyone around him. Today for example, it was his mistake for not declaring a good 1/2 hour before he did that S.A were only 2 down at stumps.

IMO he become a spoilt brat and seems to treat the umpires, opposition and officials like 2nd rate citizens - like he owns the game !!

Last edited:

TazzX

U19 12th Man
Very good post and point. You are very much on the money, when things don't go his way he throws his toys out of the cot and cries like baby. I hate almost as much as I hate Sean Fitzpatrick, perhaps even more.

:blink:

Zinzan

TazzX said:
Very good post and point. You are very much on the money, when things don't go his way he throws his toys out of the cot and cries like baby. I hate almost as much as I hate Sean Fitzpatrick, perhaps even more.

:blink:
Hey hey.......At least Fitzy actually had some tact in his influencing the ref, he wasn't nearly the spoilt brat Pontings turning out to be

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah he's a bit of a whining jackass. He's not alone though, Graeme Smith is one as well. Ganguly too, though more arrogant than a whiner.

Zinzan

Jono said:
Yeah he's a bit of a whining jackass. He's not alone though, Graeme Smith is one as well. Ganguly too, though more arrogant than a whiner.
faircall...To be honest, I've always had a lot of time for Ponting as a cricketer, so I suppose i'm disappointed with the way he's been carrying on recently. Whereas I've never liked G. Smith and just expect that kind of thing from Him :D

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
meh just a competitive guy who the losers take the wrong way.

Mind you he does own computer cricket.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
No Lara does, Ponting just chipped in. I've really lost respect for him since he became captain. He's a brilliant batsman but to be honest I respect Smith more as a captain. Although I can tolerate Ponting's books, unlike Steve Waugh. I just bought his Ashes diary...should be interesting. Especially to see what he says on Bangladesh :D

But you're right...arrogant dummy-spitting brat.

C_C

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
meh just a competitive guy who the losers take the wrong way.

Mind you he does own computer cricket.
Competitive isnt defined as 'moaning when things dont go your way and blaming everyone else when you bollox up'. Try checking the english dictionary first.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jono said:
If only he owned The Ashes as well.
:laugh:

In all seriousness though, Ponting is an absolute imbecile in my opinion - there are very few players in world cricket who I genuinely can't stand, but he's top of the list. Even if he is a Somerset player. Joint second on the list are Hayden and Gilchrist, shortly followed by Charl Willoughby and Ganguly.

Deja moo

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
:laugh:

In all seriousness though, Ponting is an absolute imbecile in my opinion - there are very few players in world cricket who I genuinely can't stand, but he's top of the list. Even if he is a Somerset player. Joint second on the list are Hayden and Gilchrist, shortly followed by Charl Willoughby and Ganguly.
What have you got against Gilchrist ? :mellow:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Deja moo said:
What have you got against Gilchrist ? :mellow:
He just annoys me. Can't quite put my finger on why. It's a combination of the holier-than-thou attitude he has about his walking, the fact that he appeals for absolutely everything, the fact that I grew up watching him destroy English bowling attacks, and the incessant "Nice, Shane!" from behind the stumps. :p

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
C_C said:
So you DO admit that Punter is a whiner.
:)
It's hard to deny what you watch on television every match. That said, if I was under as much pressure as him during/after the Ashes series I would be disputing calls as well, especially one's that could be match turning.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's about time that Ponting learnt that you'll never win by publicly berating umpires.

Unfortunately, having watched how he's dealt with the media over the years and how he responded publicly to pressure during the Ashes, he's a very slow learner.

But to answer your question, no hedoesnt own cricket

Last edited: