Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 86

Thread: A Tribute to Anil Kumble-For Completing 100 Tests

  1. #16
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    I don't think it's that hard once you've had enough bowling in Indian conditions to be a good leg spinner in test cricket in India. No batsmen aorund the world these days know how to play or are used to playing spin as well as the Indians. His away record is what is important in making someone good and quite frankly it doesn't compare. It's rather similar to Giles almost.
    Comparing Giles with Kumble is about as credible as comparing Thorpe with Lara. You bowl to your conditions- simple as that. Warne prefers bouncy pitches, Kumble prefers crumbling pitches. Its called adaptation. True, Kumble is not as good as Warne but the gap between Kumble and Warne is far less than what some think- else Warne wouldn't have Kumble-esque figures in the absence of McGrath.

    Softest excuse ever. Hasn't stopped Murali dominating the fact that he doesn't have a world class attack. Having a world class attack or not can be advantageous both ways.
    Which is why i rate Murali significantly better than Warne - When Warne doesnt have McGrath around, he has about the same figures as Kumble - 27ish average but better spread between home and away.

    What's your point?
    Point is, Kumble is within touching distance of Warne-Murali while Kaneria/Vettori would have to improve by a few magnitudes to get into the same level as Kumble.

  2. #17
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Warne without McGrath:

    Career: 38 matches, 173 wickets @ 27.36, st/r : 61.93

  3. #18
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Anil Kumble is a true champion spinner and a dedicated Team Player.

    I read Dravid's tribute to Anil and was moved.

    He is truely a great guy all round !

    I personally rate him as number 1 ahead of Warne at 2, MacGill at 3 and Murali at 4 in terms of my personal ranking of current performances.

    Besides all this Anil (like Macgill ) has a professional degree outside of Cricket being an Engineer . Not that it matters !

  4. #19
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    awsome effort from an awsome bowler, well done to him
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator


  5. #20
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON
    Anil Kumble is a true champion spinner and a dedicated Team Player.

    I read Dravid's tribute to Anil and was moved.

    He is truely a great guy all round !

    I personally rate him as number 1 ahead of Warne at 2, MacGill at 3 and Murali at 4 in terms of my personal ranking of current performances.


    You're the first Lankan I know that doesn't rate Murali at least, 2nd in the world. What's your reason for thinking MacGill is better than Murali?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  6. #21
    International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Warwickshire HQ
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono


    You're the first Lankan I know that doesn't rate Murali at least, 2nd in the world. What's your reason for thinking MacGill is better than Murali?
    Because he is!!!! It's been argued in other threads. go read it
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

  7. #22
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    No, I try not to read rubbish.

  8. #23
    International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Warwickshire HQ
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Point is, Kumble is within touching distance of Warne-Murali while Kaneria/Vettori would have to improve by a few magnitudes to get into the same level as Kumble.
    But how is that like comparing steve waugh to lara and tendulkar. It might be in your opinion but it doesn't mean it's gospel

  9. #24
    International Captain Deja moo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Navi Mumbai , India
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    Because he is!!!! It's been argued in other threads. go read it
    hahaha. Try making a funny joke next time.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

  10. #25
    International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,955
    There's one obvious reason you guys are missing as to why MacGill is better than Kumble.


    MacGill is Australian.

  11. #26
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    hahaha. Try making a funny joke next time.
    What are you talking about Deja, of course MacGill is better than not only Kumble, but Murali as well. I mean, look at these awesome figures on a spinning Sydney wicket. 1/211. Compare that to the merely 'good' bowler Kumble, who mind you can't play outside India, and gets match figures of 12/279.

    I know who I'd rather have in my team.

  12. #27
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    But how is that like comparing steve waugh to lara and tendulkar. It might be in your opinion but it doesn't mean it's gospel
    Never said it was gospel. However, an opinion based on facts is merely more factually correct opinion!

  13. #28
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono


    You're the first Lankan I know that doesn't rate Murali at least, 2nd in the world. What's your reason for thinking MacGill is better than Murali?
    He said so on the basis Current performances and he is not far off.

  14. #29
    International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Warwickshire HQ
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    What are you talking about Deja, of course MacGill is better than not only Kumble, but Murali as well. I mean, look at these awesome figures on a spinning Sydney wicket. 1/211. Compare that to the merely 'good' bowler Kumble, who mind you can't play outside India, and gets match figures of 12/279.

    I know who I'd rather have in my team.
    What are you talking about Jon, of course McGrath is better than not only Hayden, but Stephen Fleming as well. I mean, look at these awesome figures on a batting paradise in Brisbance. 61. Compare that to the "great" batsman Fleming and Hayden, who had a combined total of 8 between them.

  15. #30
    International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Warwickshire HQ
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    hahaha. Try making a funny joke next time.
    huh? i wasn't trying to make a joke. But if you want me to joke maybe post a jokes thread or something in off topic then i'd try to make a joke

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 113
    Last Post: 20-12-2004, 11:56 AM
  2. NSW...can they compete at international leveL?
    By deeps in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 07-12-2003, 10:49 AM
  3. Anil Kumble and Amit Mishra
    By Salamuddin in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-10-2003, 04:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •