• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rahul Dravid....

Barney Rubble

International Coach
.....Is statistically a better Test all-rounder than Andrew Symonds (higher batting average and lower bowling average). :laugh:

Seriously though, this reflects very badly on Symonds - he's got to think very carefully about how he's going to transfer his one-day form to the Test arena. Do the Aussies round here think he has a future in Test cricket?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I think if Symonds doesn't do something special in the 2nd innings of this match batting-wise, he'll be dropped. His bowling has never looked good enough to be more than a fill-in bowler for a few overs or to allow other bowlers to change ends.
He doesn't have age on his side either, already on the wrong side of 30 so they can't keep giving him chances if he doesn't perform. I never thought his style of play was really suited to Test cricket.

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm surprised that Damien Martyn with a test average close to 50 cant find a place, but symonds can :(

open365

International Vice-Captain
foe said:
I'm surprised that Damien Martyn with a test average close to 50 cant find a place, but symonds can :(
My thoughts exactly,Brad Hodge aswell,he seems to be a carbon copy of Martyn but without the runs.

I can't really fathom why Symonds is so poor in tests,his technique is pretty solid and he can hit a ball a long way,maybe he needs to play more adventurously and let go a bit.