• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
dude i'm a huge indian supporter too, but it's pretty obvious that our current pace attack is inferior to the pakistani pace attack. all you have to do is twist the comparisons ...
akhtar > pathan, rana > zaheer, sami = agarkar so the pakistan attack is better, as opposed to your analysis ... all these analyses are ineffectual
Just for the record. I was just trying to be sarcastic but it all went down the drain :@

adharcric

International Coach
SJS said:
Just for the record. I was just trying to be sarcastic but it all went down the drain :@
ehh no worries, i wasnt really responding to you, just a little surprised why we're even debating this issue.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
ehh no worries, i wasnt really responding to you, just a little surprised why we're even debating this issue.
I am sitting at my desk relatively free so just fooling around :p

The fact is that if The Indian bowlers were available to Pakistan, only Pathan (not including spinners here) would be selected and his batting would also count in that. While if the reverse was the case, all Pakistani pacers would be in contention. Thats the level of difference between us and them in this department.

If their pace attack had been of the same caliber as India's, India would have been outright favourites. Indian fans need to accept that. In fact, thats why, I would like to see RP Singh given a chance here. Lets see what he can do. We have seen enough of Khans and Agarkars.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am really looking forward to RP Singh's performances in the future. He bowls a superb line. The pace isnt great which is RP's limitation.

But he seems to have a very good head on his shoulders which would serve him well in the future hopefully.

adharcric

International Coach
SJS said:
I am sitting at my desk relatively free so just fooling around :p

The fact is that if The Indian bowlers were available to Pakistan, only Pathan (not including spinners here) would be selected and his batting would also count in that. While if the reverse was the case, all Pakistani pacers would be in contention. Thats the level of difference between us and them in this department.

If their pace attack had been of the same caliber as India's, India would have been outright favourites. Indian fans need to accept that. In fact, thats why, I would like to see RP Singh given a chance here. Lets see what he can do. We have seen enough of Khans and Agarkars.
Agree with 99% of that. We've definitely seen enough of Agarkar and he's useless. We need to give Zaheer one last chance under the new captain-coach partnership. Yuvraj and Pathan have flourished under it, so the in-form Zaheer deserves a chance. If we go with 3 seamers, AA should be left out.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
Agree with 99% of that. We've definitely seen enough of Agarkar and he's useless. We need to give Zaheer one last chance under the new captain-coach partnership. Yuvraj and Pathan have flourished under it, so the in-form Zaheer deserves a chance. If we go with 3 seamers, AA should be left out.
Zaheer may have his critics, but one look at his form in the year 2002, as well as the Brisbane Test in 2003 will tell you what he can do when in top form. When not in form, he can be woeful, though. The team can rely on him to take a burst of wickets, as much of the top order as the tailenders. QUESTION: Is he running hot now? Agarkar is just an average tail-mopper at best but otherwise, he'd bowl two or three wicket-taking balls in twenty overs, the rest filled with rubbish. Frankly, no match-winning pace attack has ever been spearheaded by someone who's so underpowered and inconsistent. No wonder the Indians have won so few Test matches, even with three seamers abroad. Reason enough to try RP Singh as second or third seamer.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
Fair enough. Although I would like to see the improvement in Zaheer myself before feeling too enthused about his domestic exploits. The importance of domestic performances must not be seen to be more than what it is....which is....moderate :)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Off topic
I was just watching an Ind-Pak final from Sharjah on Ten Sports. Its the game where Aaqib Javed took a Hatrick and the decisions against Azhar and Sachin in that hatrick were shocking.
We are always complaining about umpires but if that was the level of umpiring in years gone by then i must say the "elite umpire thingy" by the ICC was a very good decision for cricket.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Xuhaib said:
Off topic
I was just watching an Ind-Pak final from Sharjah on Ten Sports. Its the game where Aaqib Javed took a Hatrick and the decisions against Azhar and Sachin in that hatrick were shocking.
We are always complaining about umpires but if that was the level of umpiring in years gone by then i must say the "elite umpire thingy" by the ICC was a very good decision for cricket.
Yes I remember that match distinctly.

The umpiring standards have improved from the past. But the thing is with technology the wrong decisions get highlighted much more. The blame is not to be put on the umpires but on the management on why they are not bringing technology into the game for conclusive decisions.

I mean when you can have minutes used to see whether a stroke resulted in a boundary or not - why not on whether there was an inside edge or not!

Last edited:

pug

U19 Vice-Captain
Star news and Aaj Tak both saying that ganguly will open tomorrow. Hmm... wonder if they will actually make that stupid experiment?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is so much excitement in the air - and its unrelated to any irrelevant media hype which has known to follow Indian cricket.

It’s a good time to be a test cricket fan. The Ashes, RSA in Australia have ended. Australia will tour South Africa next while England will battle it out in India.

We can forget all that for the next few weeks while we enjoy India versus Pakistan in a cricket contest. In the past 15 years or so of cricket watching, I have seen quite a few contests and memorable incidents in matches between the two countries.

Whether it was the jumping of Miandad in frustration at the antics of Kiran More in 1992, the catch of Rashid Latif and Jadeja going wild in Bangalore in 1996, Shoaib Akhtar in all his glory yorking Tendulkar, the mastery of Saqlain in the 98-99 tests, the anguish of Tendulkar at Chennai despite his mastery, the wonderful Sahara Cup low scoring contests or the whole India's tour to Pakistan in 2003 which brought the two nations together like no cricket tour in the past probably did, we have all watched in amazement.

I can’t wait any longer!

Last edited:

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Just a quick message, sorry if it's already been mentioned but for viewers in the UK wanting to watch the series, it's on Sky digital channel 812, ARY digital, I just checked it and it's not an extra subscripton channel from what I can make out as it's broadcasting on my Sky box. Hopefully tomorrow morning it will be the same.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
UncleTheOne said:
Just a quick message, sorry if it's already been mentioned but for viewers in the UK wanting to watch the series, it's on Sky digital channel 812, ARY digital, I just checked it and it's not an extra subscripton channel from what I can make out as it's broadcasting on my Sky box. Hopefully tomorrow morning it will be the same.
no sir its not free they are charging £39.99 for the 3 tests and 5 one dayers

This is got to be a laugh. After all the talk about "green Top" Woolmer and Inzi are now talking about turning pitches and the importance of the role of spinners in the first test match!!

Pakistan really have dug up their own grave, on a turning pitch Anil and Hurb will give Pak batsmen a nightmare.

James

Cricket Web Owner
To those of you interested in playing Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket India v Pakistan Test Competition I suggest you get your team in ASAP with the first match starting later today. You can signup and enter your team here - http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket . There are already close to 600 teams competing in this competition!

James

Cricket Web Owner
A well done and thanks to those Indian and Pakistan supporters contributing in this thread thus far.

Following the bad feeling we had last time, its fantastic to see the friendly and positive nature of the discussions.

Keep it up everyone and remember it's only a game :)